The Quarter Finals

jimbaxters

You only get what you give.

Hurlford gave it more and deserve to be in the semis.we move on the same as all clubs in the search for progress.

Good luck to the semi finalists.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from the silly stuff at end of match (what has been discussed to death and should be put to bed now)

It was a great cup tie and a terrific crowd , plenty chances , great goalkeeping, last minute drama with the dodgy pen , all for 6 quid , that's why folk prefer the juniors rather than watching senior overpaid pansies.

I don't think that is always true unfortunately. In the long term yes thats why you have to stick at it. Now we are down the route of pathetic point scoring about what did and did not happen during the afternoon. Don't think the glesga variety of ned have much to crow about. Different types of people from towns and villages all over the world. Not that they would notice on their family break to Saltcoats.

It's a quarter final thread.it's not all about one game and the aftermath.

I know but it's easier to take when you are soundly beaten. It was just your words that are normally true didn't quite work in this case.

I posted to say Hurlford deserve to be in the semis.

They gave 100% and got their reward.

I would have given brown man of the match for his performance today,brilliant.he nearly lost his head near the end of the game!

I was right beside the goal at the first incident and could hear when Stauntons foot caught Winters and so then could the referee. Foul anywhere on the pitch in my opinion and a daft challenge.

I'm a neutral btw.

Undone is how I feel and then some. The pollok guys just want to believe their team deserved it. Draw would have been fairer. As you say matters not a jot now but I'm glad people are getting a chance to make their own judgement on this. Twice we have been stiffed against the same team.

Thought you were going to be talking about the last time you were playing them at the Vale in the Scottish yous got shafted by a linesman that day who couldnot give yous a goal when the ball was well over the line the same as the last time we played them in the Scottish

I was right beside the goal at the first incident and could hear when Stauntons foot caught Winters and so then could the referee. Foul anywhere on the pitch in my opinion and a daft challenge.

I'm a neutral btw.

Staunton sticks his foot out and Winters kicks his foot...that's the sound effects you heard. Seen players kick their other boot and go down in penalty box...after all if refs are judging by sound like you say.... Was standing right next to the incident like yourself yet never heard the crack of boots coming together.. need to get me ears tested a think.

Archived