The Quarter Finals

jimbaxters

Literally no way to defend the way certain Laeside fans responded today. If McInally did wind them up a bit, so what? Happens at every level of the game and to climb on the dugout, swing for opposing fans and launch bins across the stand is bang out. Doesn't reflect proper Kilbirnie fans of course but they clearly had some scummy taggers on today

For the record, I don't think Tony did anything wrong. Last minute winner in a big cup game, of course he's gonna be happy. If Laeside fans didn't want to see that they should've congregated behind their own dugout rather than the Pollok one

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total cretinous behaviour, no place in the game for these p***ks!!!!

Some bizarre scenes at Beith when the referee made his excuses and left with 10 minutes still to go.  One assistant referee went into the middle, a young bloke in jeans ended up with his flag after a game of pass the parcel, and the second assistant referee handed over his flag to one of the people on the Arthurlie bench. This second assistant ref hung about the Arthurlie bench as if he were a fourth official ... a long way from the Beith subs though.

It was bizarre, ref was injured linesman took his place and apparently the other linesman has to be removed as well so that the stand in ref can control the game himself , the young man in the jeans was a qualified ref who was down at the match as a spectator, thankfully the game was over as a contest and was late on in the game and it had no effect on the last few minutes.

For the life of me, I'll never be able to comprehend why you would conglomerate behind the opposition dugout rather than your own. I would love to see something done about these clubs and their arsehole supporters but you know it will never happen.

Literally no way to defend the way certain Laeside fans responded today. If McInally did wind them up a bit, so what? Happens at every level of the game and to climb on the dugout, swing for opposing fans and launch bins across the stand is bang out. Doesn't reflect proper Kilbirnie fans of course but they clearly had some scummy taggers on today

For the record, I don't think Tony did anything wrong. Last minute winner in a big cup game, of course he's gonna be happy. If Laeside fans didn't want to see that they should've congregated behind their own dugout rather than the Pollok one

It's LADESIDE pal

For the record Tony is a fud and should know better

Celebrate a winner yes get it up you gesture no

Yes the (fan) on the dugout was bang out of order and will be banned when identified,

It was bizarre, ref was injured linesman took his place and apparently the other linesman has to be removed as well so that the stand in ref can control the game himself , the young man in the jeans was a qualified ref who was down at the match as a spectator, thankfully the game was over as a contest and was late on in the game and it had no effect on the last few minutes.

The Arthurlie bench were all for getting the match abandoned.  

line1.jpg

For the life of me, I'll never be able to comprehend why you would conglomerate behind the opposition dugout rather than your own. I would love to see something done about these clubs and their arsehole supporters but you know it will never happen.

Just you pop another sweetie in sweetheart

It was a good game from a neutral perspective. Didn't think in a million years I'd end up on the line with my Saturday off haha. But that was myself that took the line in front of the beith shed

It's LADESIDE pal

Yes the (fan) on the dugout was bang out of order and will be banned when identified,

Every right to celebrate behind his own dugout. It's not his fault the away fans decided to congregate behind him

It's LADESIDE pal

hey he's defo a fud but 2 wrongs don't make a right

It was a good game from a neutral perspective. Didn't think in a million years I'd end up on the line with my Saturday off haha. But that was myself that took the line in front of the beith shed

Here's a photo for you to frame:

line2.jpg

Good man for going that mate and a small world eh as you must be my pal Claire's other half ? :)

She told me after the game her man was called upon :)

Every right to celebrate behind his own dugout. It's not his fault the away fans decided to congregate behind him

Correct every right to celebrate but a bit of sense required last min dodgy pen feelings running high the gestures were not the brightest idea , but then again is this not the guy that got a lengthy ban not that long ago ?

Not a hint of bother all day until that .

But hey ho forget the wee bit drama ,

1302 folk attended the match and only 1 or 2 from both sides missbehaved, and yeah a few of the home support didn't cover themselves in glory

Gutted by the result but not bitter so best of luck for semi

Most of the cretins, whichever team they allegedly support, only turn out for Scottish Cup ties and local derbies looking for trouble and with little or no interest in the football.

Agree completely.

Few years ago I saw two very different Cumnock supports at Kirkie in two weeks, on for a Junior Cup tie and one for a league game.

AS someone who has made a decent living from the after dinner speaking circuit, it is little surprise that Willie Young has a steady supply of anecdotes tucked up his sleeve

"There was an incident with Sandy Clark in a game between Morton and Hamilton at Cappielow," Young recalls. "I gave a penalty to Morton and the door was chapped five minutes after the final whistle. Sandy came in and said, 'Willie, Willie, what about that penalty? That was a soft penalty'.

"I says, 'Sandy, when you've been in the game as long as I have you realise penalties are like boiled eggs. Soft or hard – it's still a boiled egg. He says, 'aye, I suppose you're right'. And away he went, quite happy."

Strange concept. Team scores a winning goal in the last minute of a Scottish Cup tie and manager has the audacity to celebrate. Get a life!

KL were by a fair bit the better team in the first half IMO and Pollok were the better in the second. The pen was a pen and taken pretty well by Winters. Great cup tie with a great crowd in the main. Spitting tho!! That is lowest of low again IMO

Well done Pollok!!

Strange concept. Team scores a winning goal in the last minute of a Scottish Cup tie and manager has the audacity to celebrate. Get a life!

KL were by a fair bit the better team in the first half IMO and Pollok were the better in the second. The pen was a pen and taken pretty well by Winters. Great cup tie with a great crowd in the main. Spitting tho!! That is lowest of low again IMO

Well done Pollok!!

Good post, let's move on

Archived