Best overall politician ? #snp

Glenn Medeiros

Vote.   

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it's like choosing a favourite between my children.

They are both special in their own way and both utterly loved by me.

I think Sturgeon is probably the more rounded politician ( no fat Alec jokes), she has a wider appeal to the electorate and knows when to tone it down, for that reason, and the fact she e-mails me regularly. It's oor Nic by a rizzla paper.

For me, it's like choosing a favourite between my children.

They are both special in their own way and both utterly loved by me.

I think Sturgeon is probably the more rounded politician ( no fat Alec jokes), she has a wider appeal to the electorate and knows when to tone it down, for that reason, and the fact she e-mails me regularly. It's oor Nic by a rizzla paper.

Sslmond set out to provoke people with his views and attitude and his general approach to get what he wanted for his party,sturgeon is much more diplomatic in her approach.

Sturgeons sofly-softly attitude will get her far more respect.

Salmond set out to provoke people when provocation was required.

I'm not saying his provocation was selfless, and he always envisaged Sturgeon as the "lady in waiting" BUT, it's worked a treat for the only Political party worth voting for in Scotland.

If you combine the political talent of every party in Scotland,SNP & Harvie aside, you won't get the political power of either Salmond or Sturgeon.

That's including every MP, MSP, party activist, leaflet dropper......

And it feels good!

Lots of SNP arse kissing going on in this topic so i will say donald dewar the very first minister of scotland and advocate of scottish devolution.

Not a bad shout that: he was a key player in tearing apart his own party, the long term effects of which contributing to the hilarious Labour rump we see in Scotland today.

Still, not for me though. If Scotland becomes independent, the Dewar statue on Buchanan Street should be torn down, and the people of Scotland should be taxed heavily - the proceeds of which going towards a big, fat, solid gold, Alex Salmond shaped replacement.

Not a bad shout that: he was a key player in tearing apart his own party, the long term effects of which contributing to the hilarious Labour rump we see in Scotland today.

Still, not for me though. If Scotland becomes independent, the Dewar statue on Buchanan Street should be torn down, and the people of Scotland should be taxed heavily - the proceeds of which going towards a big, fat, solid gold, Alex Salmond shaped replacement.

Aye but what "right thinking" P&Ber is going to simulate sex with a statue of King Alex?

Not one!

I'm up for a 60 foot statue of Alex Salmond right in the middle of Edinburgh.

Teach those no voting c***s as a lesson.

(Am I doing it right?)

For what it's worth, I voted Sturgeon. Salmond makes me laugh, but I'm a recent convert.

I'm up for a 60 foot statue of Alex Salmond right in the middle of Edinburgh.

Teach those no voting c***s as a lesson.

(Am I doing it right?)

For what it's worth, I voted Sturgeon. Salmond makes me laugh, but I'm a recent convert.

The Scott monument is 200 feet high.

The Wallace monument is 220 feet high.

So the Salmond monument should be there or there-aboots.

Salmond will never be forgotten, he'll still have the Loony Unies quacking in their boots long after he is gone but Nicola has that bit of style and class. She will hopefully knock in Samlonds cut back into an empty net in the next decade or so. She really came into her own in the General Election debate where she didn't just win over Scotland but quite a few Englanders too.

post-13-0-42891200-1457370310_thumb.jpg

Sturgeon won me over when she trounced Lamont and Carmichael in the referendum debates. I was a little worried she'd never be more than an attack dog, but I'm delighted that she's actually become the reasonable, smart, competent operator that has essentially won hearts and minds across the world.

I like Salmond, but I think there is and was a danger that he'd come to coast along on his own reputation, and assume that his skills in debating would be enough to convince people our country should be something other than a part of another state. Sturgeon appears to realise that being personable and charming rather than a shrewd Jack-the-lad is necessary for building support.

I suspect Salmond became convinced that he was *right* (and on the subject of independence I think he was) and that that conviction was best expressed by impressing it upon people rather than trying a more persuasive approach.

Still, the abuse Salmond withstood from vindictive, terrified BritNats without turning a hair or crying to the papers qualifies him as a hell of a statesman - probably the only great Scottish statesman I can think of in living memory.

Sturgeon won me over when she trounced Lamont and Carmichael in the referendum debates. I was a little worried she'd never be more than an attack dog, but I'm delighted that she's actually become the reasonable, smart, competent operator that has essentially won hearts and minds across the world.

I like Salmond, but I think there is and was a danger that he'd come to coast along on his own reputation, and assume that his skills in debating would be enough to convince people our country should be something other than a part of another state. Sturgeon appears to realise that being personable and charming rather than a shrewd Jack-the-lad is necessary for building support.

I suspect Salmond became convinced that he was *right* (and on the subject of independence I think he was) and that that conviction was best expressed by impressing it upon people rather than trying a more persuasive approach.

Still, the abuse Salmond withstood from vindictive, terrified BritNats without turning a hair or crying to the papers qualifies him as a hell of a statesman - probably the only great Scottish statesman I can think of in living memory.

Well said :thumsup2

Difficult one. Salmond was the fukin daddy... but perhaps was starting to hit a ceiling. Sturgeon has taken the baton and is sprinting towards the finish line...

And kevthedee is a minter

Comedykev still trying to work out his own voting preferences:

post-64437-0-21982300-1457381069_thumb.j

Archived