Airdrieonians vs. Forfar Athletic

Forfar were miles better, just like most teams we have played this season, and yet we are still in the mix. This is down to us relying on individual performances to get us points. I can't remember the last time we have scored in a good passing move.

It is easy to blame individuals but just look at our side, we have  many individuals who are playing in rolls or positions they are totally unsuited for. There is a distinct lack of mobility in the spine of the team as was demonstrated tonight against a superior Forfar team.

I can't honestly remember a season when we have been so outplayed by every side in the division. It is only down to poor finishing by teams like Forfar tonight that we are still fourth in a poor league.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now hoping EWB makes a speedy recovery for more than more reason.

Some utterly bizarre decisions from the management team tonight. I understand the logic behind not changing a winning team but FFS play Prunty up top at home. Simply not suited to playing out wide.

Fitzpatrick and Faira are too similar and are not suited to playing together - especially at home - absolutely no technical ability between them. Hugo Faria was Forfar's best midfielder tonight.

Bollan had his tactics spot on. Had two defenders touch tight to Lister to ensured he won very little in the air.

Also, how long are we going to persist with Scott Stewart? That's almost 2 years he's been in and around the first team and he's yet to look like a footballer.

Oh, and what a goal from Cadden. There's a really good player in him somewhere. Hopefully consistency will come as he gets older.

Nightmare Rovers picking up a point tonight - Brechin really is a must win now.

Tremendous performance tonight. Great balance to the side. Martin is a different player through the middle. Stunning equaliser but we should have been out of sight in that game. More performances like that (particularly at home) and surely we'll win more than we lose.

Tremendous performance tonight. Great balance to the side. Martin is a different player through the middle. Stunning equaliser but we should have been out of sight in that game. More performances like that (particularly at home) and surely we'll win more than we lose.

Agree , more of the same Saturday

We have that boy on loan from Rangers who is supposed to be a player yet we can't get him on the ball. Total waste.

In fairness Forfar had Lister and Thompson marked out of the game. As said before they were spot on with their tactics.

I'd give him a game in front of Hugo or Fitzpatrick!

Hugo didn't have a great game last night but generally he has been a good signing sits protects defense. The problem we have fitz is meant to be the same type of player however is not as good as hugo and we don't need two defensive mids. Stewart ahead of hugo no chance ahead of fitz maybe a shout. My preference would be now cox is back two up front and centre mid hugo and Jordan.

Good performance, cant help thinking it was 2 points dropped. Looking forward to Saturday, its a must win. O'Brien easily the best player on the pitch, completely strolled the game.

Yep, I though he was absolutely immense!

Over the 90 minutes, forfar deserved the win but for some poor finishing/near misses, Airdrie could have been 2 or 3 ahead at the break. We still look poor at corners and Kennedy struggled a bit yesterday. Why Airdrie stopped the ball going up their right side was a mystery. MOTM clearly the Airdrie keeper, he was also unlucky at the Forfar goal. Martin, for me, was Forfar's best player.

Quite an enjoyable game with both teams intent on the win.

I don't see why we can't just keep it simple with Cadden on the left, Cox on the right, Faria or Fitzpatrick partnering Thompson in the middle, and Prunty and Lister up front. Could argue it doesn't give much protection to the back 4, but Faria would barely move from his position, and we were at home to a side who might be relegated, we have plenty of goals in the team if used correctly.

I'm not one of these fans who lives in the 90's and thinks 4-4-2 is the only acceptable formation, but with the players we have and in this league that is our best shot at the moment.

I'm not one of these fans who lives in the 90's and thinks 4-4-2 is the only acceptable formation, but with the players we have and in this league that is our best shot at the moment.

If its good enough for Mike Bassett and the England team its good enough for us

Archived