Airdrieonians vs. Forfar Athletic

This is a must win for several reasons tonight.

Most importantly, we can't let Bollan win on his first return to Airdrie....

ETA: Having Cox back for this is a massive bonus.

I'd line up:

Parry

O'Neil - Crighton - Lithgow - MacDonald

Cox - Faria - Thomson - Cadden

Prunty - Lister

I know it's unlikely we will drop Fitzpatrick however when we're playing a team near the bottom of the league at home we need to sacrifice one of the holding midfielders for an attacking player as proven in some of recent performances at home.

Unlikely we will but that is exactly the team I'd play.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd put Cox in for Cadden and play the same way we did against Cowden, after all it worked.

Was I the only one who was getting frustrated with Cadden cutting in on his left foot then putting every shot miles over the bar on Saturday?

No, you weren't.  He's a very tricky player for opposition defences to handle, but it's not often that there's real quality with the end product in terms of shots or crosses.  Same goes for his free kicks.  He's got the potential to do really, really well, but he needs to work on his finishing - hopefully we have him with us and training full time next season and can see that happen.

The strange thing is he was banging them in for the 20s before he got into the first XI. And he did score a cracker at Stenny - don't mind him blasting a few over if one goes in now and then, but it's frustrating when a pass might be the better option.

For what it's worth, I'd start the same team as Saturday. I don't think it's our best team, but they played some nice stuff and won, so why change it? Cox is a good weapon to have on the bench, bring him on with half an hour to go.

The strange thing is he was banging them in for the 20s before he got into the first XI. And he did score a cracker at Stenny - don't mind him blasting a few over if one goes in now and then, but it's frustrating when a pass might be the better option.

For what it's worth, I'd start the same team as Saturday. I don't think it's our best team, but they played some nice stuff and won, so why change it? Cox is a good weapon to have on the bench, bring him on with half an hour to go.

I don't think we played so well on Saturday that we should leave arguably our best performer out of the starting line up

Coxy's been a revelation (in relative terms) for us this season

I agree cox has been a very good signing however he got a silly red card and we won on Saturday so he has to work his way back into starting 11 the same as prunty had to . prunty from his showing on Saturday merits start ahead of cox.

I'd line up:

Parry

Prunty - Lister

I know it's unlikely we will drop Fitzpatrick however when we're playing a team near the bottom of the league at home we need to sacrifice one of the holding midfielders for an attacking player as proven in some of recent performances at home.

I'd also play this team.

What sort of a reception is Bollan likely to receive from the home fans this evening?

Pretty indifferent I would think. Maybe some light hearted abuse. He did us a turn, but had taken us as far as he could in my opinion. No bad feelings from me.

Guest bernardblack

GB has picked a team, I'd say the majority of fans would be happy with, and we're winning.

Hope we can see this out!!

I'd put Cox in for Cadden and play the same way we did against Cowden, after all it worked.

Was I the only one who was getting frustrated with Cadden cutting in on his left foot then putting every shot miles over the bar on Saturday?

No, you weren't. He's a very tricky player for opposition defences to handle, but it's not often that there's real quality with the end product in terms of shots or crosses. Same goes for his free kicks. He's got the potential to do really, really well, but he needs to work on his finishing - hopefully we have him with us and training full time next season and can see that happen.

Ooooft

Dear Mr Jennow i would like to question your subs you take off a proven goal scorer for a wee headless chicken whilst dumb n dumber in the midfield canny pass the baw 5 yards and to top it off you take a creative midfielder off for a dunno wit that was but Caddens goal was a belter,Great applause to respect EWB and the refs full time whistle was one of the best bits of the match

Scott Stewart? Scott fucking Stewart?!

He and his dad must have incriminating photos of the whole management team and backroom staff to continue to get a game. I've tried to defend him at times but he is utterly dire.

Screamer from Cadden to get a point and I don't mind eating humble pie for that, but Forfar were comfortable for most of the game and I didn't think we troubled them anywhere near enough despite playing at home. 

Another awful game, poor team selection and baffling tactics and substitutions. Two and a half more years of this and of Faria - a real treat to look forward to.

Passmarks only to Parry, Lithgow and Cadden for his worldie. Rest of the team were awful.

Prunty is a penalty box striker. FFS play him upfront and let him score goals. It's really not difficult.

Have no idea how Faria stayed on the pitch. Thought he was coming off for Cox firstly (he'd get played out wide and Prunty would go upfront with Lister). But no, instead he takes off our best finisher when we're needing a goal. Then I thought it would be a straight swap - Stewart for Faria - but instead he takes off one of our (supposedly) more creative players.

Faria's inability to pass the ball is woeful and he's painfully slow too. Still not sure why Ferguson gets a game over O'Neil either.

Minutes applause was classy though.

Ah well only two and a half more years left of this turgid shite.

Another awful game, poor team selection and baffling tactics and substitutions. Two and a half more years of this and of Faria - a real treat to look forward to.

Passmarks only to Parry, Lithgow and Cadden for his worldie. Rest of the team were awful.

Prunty is a penalty box striker. FFS play him upfront and let him score goals. It's really not difficult.

Have no idea how Faria stayed on the pitch. Thought he was coming off for Cox firstly (he'd get played out wide and Prunty would go upfront with Lister). But no, instead he takes off our best finisher when we're needing a goal. Then I thought it would be a straight swap - Stewart for Faria - but instead he takes off one of our (supposedly) more creative players.

Faria's inability to pass the ball is woeful and he's painfully slow too. Still not sure why Ferguson gets a game over O'Neil either.

Minutes applause was classy though.

Ah well only two and a half more years left of this turgid shite.

Pretty much sums it up the way I saw it. Can't believe AFC1878 said on an other thread that he thought Faria was his MOTM

The thing that bugs me is that most fans think playing Prunty out on the wing was stupid, yet the guys getting paid still did it. We all also thought Faria/Fitzpatrick would be subbed but were shocked when 'those who know best' took off Prunty & Thompson, who showed last week he can make a goal out of nothing. Instead, we were left with the fucking chuckle brothers in midfield, joined by headless chicken Stewart. We were lucky to get a point tonight. Forfar could easily have won by a couple of goals had they taken their chances. They were the better team tonight.

Much better shape, Swankie and Martin looking more comfortable playing more centrally, Young good when he came on, the whole team worked their socks off and were winning all the 2nd balls.  The front 5 swarmed forward dangerously and linked well.  Should have won by 3 or 4, outrageous goal out of the blue to equalise.

More of the same on Saturday please.

I'd line up:

Parry

Prunty - Lister

One can only dream that we see two up top at home one day...

Archived