Rangers v Celtic

hoopy1967

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My belated thoughts on the game.

We bossed the first half and possibly should have scored more than 1. Roberts miss was the funniest thing I've seen for a long time, I don't remember seeing Messi missing too many of those.

I'd forgotten how horrifically bad Scott Brown is at playing football and how poorly disciplined he is. He constantly left his partners in midfield to try and cover for him as he clattered about like a headless chicken. Teirney and Sviatchenko (sp) are the stand outs in that side, miles ahead of the rest.

For us, I thought McKay was excellent and Ball had a very good game protecting the centre backs. Miller was just Kenny Miller and put in a shift and a half. Tavenier and Wallace defended well but didn't have to curb their offensive play as much as I thought.

The only time I was worried the game was going to get away from us was for about 10 mins at the 65 min mark when I thought Celtic started to up their tempo a bit.

If I'm being picky, I'd have liked to have won it in the 90, but I'm also a bit gutted that this will ultimately mean the end for Ronny. I'd have enjoyed watching us go up against his team for a whole season.

My belated thoughts on the game.

We were pish.

Celtic are a shambles.

I can't believe Celtic were so bad.

Despite Celtic being unbelievably shite, I still thought we were going to lose.

We won't be able to do that again unless we buy a new team.

FTFY

Other than the goal they scored in extra time Rangers didn't really offer much after the first half IMO

If Celtic weren't such a gang they would have won a couple to spare

But they are a gang and it's hilarious

Celtic spent the last few weeks convincing themselves this was not a big deal. Their fan base did the same.

Rangers put on the war paint and played a cup tie like any lower division team would . Celtic seemed to lack a real focus .

No.  We've played stuffier teams this season (Alloa) and more determined teams this season (Raith and Falkirk).  This, "played a cup tie like any lower division team would" is nothing but patronising guff.

You appear to have been flailing about on this thread leaving a trail of tears and snotters for a good few pages now.

You alright?

We should win the cup. If we play well, we'll pump you. It's for us to lose.

Other than the goal they scored in extra time Rangers didn't really offer much after the first half IMO If Celtic weren't such a gang they would have won a couple to spare But they are a gang and it's hilarious

The most accurate summary I've seen today.  Celtic were honking, as bad as they've ever been under Deila.  And I'm including the European games in that.

They scored directly fae a shite decision. Even Thomson's linesman thought he got it wrong. He was the only c**t at Hampden who didnae see it come off Tavernier last.

Dry yer eyes Hen.

Were you greetin last season with that last minute goal at Pittodrie that wasnt a corner..

Damn these conspiracies.

The most accurate summary I've seen today.  Celtic were honking, as bad as they've ever been under Deila.  And I'm including the European games in that.

Whenever we beat a premiership team it's always the premiership team having a bad day...

They couldn't live with our football, especially in the first half. No team in the country play better passing, attractive football.

TBF Rangers were the better team in the first 45, if not the second.

Quite a lot of this "passing, attractive football" looked very like "fannying about, knocking the ball around in your own half for no obvious gain" to me, mind. 

They couldn't live with our football, especially in the first half. No team in the country play better passing, attractive football.

Here to see the sideways

Archived