Rangers v Celtic

hoopy1967

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they were a brand new club and meant nothing to Celtic? Oh wait...it's the another chance for Celtic fans to reignite the bigoted flame. What a fucking despicable football club.

Celtic and their fans have a chance to almost completely eliminate sectarianism in this country by treating this cup semi final like they would any other, with complete contempt. They won't do it though. There will be a mad scramble for tickets. The bigots will be out in force.

You must be so proud. You bigoted pathetic c**t.

They are a brand new club. And it isnae a real OF. But its still the same c***s that support them. And I will definitely be there to watch us pump them. :thumsup2

There's a real irony with some folk arguing about Celtic and sevco crowds when you can bet there's a good number of them could count the games they've been to in the last 5 years on one hand. If at all.

There's a real irony with some folk arguing about Celtic and sevco crowds when you can bet there's a good number of them could count the games they've been to in the last 5 years on one hand. If at all.

Well am there every week hail rain or shine. , watched rangers play from Forres to the Emirates stadium in London

And I don't think it makes a bigger fan than anyone else , some peoples priorities change and just have to look at my old man who now just attends home games after not missing a game for years

I haven't been to a domestic away game since the late 90's. Mortgage, kids etc is to blame for that but I wouldn't change it for the world obv. Sometimes I can't be arsed going to a home game and my nephew takes my seat but I think that's just down to me getting older.

I do miss those swallies in Aberdeen though :(

I haven't been to a domestic away game since the late 90's. Mortgage, kids etc is to blame for that but I wouldn't change it for the world obv. Sometimes I can't be arsed going to a home game and my nephew takes my seat but I think that's just down to me getting older.

I do miss those swallies in Aberdeen though :(

Aberdeen hasn't changed much.

...since the 80's.

Not saying everyone has to be a superfan but I tend to find with people I know that a lot of them taking the piss out of crowds are pretty much never part of one themselves. That's the shite I can't be arsed with.

There are glory hunting fans with every club, all you have to do is look at the thousands extra that turn up when ever any club reaches a national cup final and who really cares? good luck to them I say.

But Ted, in some cases, especially with smaller clubs, these people won't even really be fans of the club in question anyway.

We took nearly 18,000 to our Scottish Cup final. If you surveyed them all now, I'd be genuinely surprised if more than half would answer the question about which football team they support with 'Queen of the South'.

It's not that we fail to mobilise such numbers the rest of the time; it's more that meaningfully, they don't exist.

I very much doubt Celtic were playing to crowds of 15k under Barnes.

During Barnes' brief stint in charge, Celtic were actually in touch with Rangers at the top of the League, well clear of the rest, for nearly all of it.

Super Calley did for him, but they weren't having that bad a season up to then.

There are glory hunting fans with every club, all you have to do is look at the thousands extra that turn up when ever any club reaches a national cup final and who really cares? good luck to them I say.

^^^ Angus-based fan of successful Glasgow club seeking to play down glory hunting in general

We know, they know, everyone knows. Good luck getting one of the c***s to admit it.

Even I know.

It's because they miss their sister club.

The re-establishment of the duopoly will not be healthy.

It'll reignite the arms race that moves the two of you way out of everyone's reach.

More tedium beckons as the illusion of competition is re-introduced.

^^^ Angus-based fan of successful Glasgow club seeking to play down glory hunting in general

Successful, aren't we meant to be a new club with just two cups?

I'm not. I hope this is a well behaved match, a showcase event where two teams who have only met once before demonstrate what a potential asset they can be to the game. Maybe try and create a friendly rivalry or turn it into a kind of derby match if you will, despite the dearth of history between these two clubs and the clear disparity in quality and league positions.

No touchline bust ups, no kids getting bottled, no ditties about freedom fighters or walls. Just a good clean game played in the right spirit on and off the park.

Archived