Rangers v Celtic

hoopy1967

"Widely recognised" = by milhouse and his mates.

I think it's also important to recognise that Scotland is a tiny, insignificant little country that nobody outside it gives two fucks about.

it's funny this, because Celtic and Sevco fans always harp on about the OF game being the biggest in world football. But surely it can't be given your take on Scottish football? Which I agree with by the way.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be possible to have a match thread for fans of Rangers and Celtic to talk about the game, and another for the diddies where they can chat about favourite subjects such as bigotry and religion? Thanks.

It's not gonna happen. To many diddy fans vying for the "Look at me and how much I hate Celtic and the Rangers" title.

If it doesn't interest you, doesn't involve you, if you're going to hate the run up to the game, refuse to watch the match etc..etc

If you just want to continue to whine about the hatred and bile surrounding the tie, whilst only really adding it to it..?

Don't spend the next few weeks f*ckin moaning and posting about it. You must have better things to do no!?

I for one can't wait for this game. The quality is shite of course, but there's always some 'lol what are u doing m-eight?' moments from one or more of the players too.

All 22 years of it.

Must have missed the part when Celtic were liquidated and all there assets sold off by the Liquidator, then half their squad refusing to join a new club and having to be voted into Scottsh football, apart from that ...great point.

I can't help get the feeling this is going to be cracker , think both team will go all out attack and both defences weaknes will be exposed , can see a 3-2 type game taking place where it ebbs and flows between each team

But for now we need to concentrate on getting promotion sewn up

Everyone is hoping for a shame game, a few red cards, a big rammy between the players with both benches getting involved and some crowd trouble.

I'm not. I hope this is a well behaved match, a showcase event where two teams who have only met once before demonstrate what a potential asset they can be to the game. Maybe try and create a friendly rivalry or turn it into a kind of derby match if you will, despite the dearth of history between these two clubs and the clear disparity in quality and league positions.

No touchline bust ups, no kids getting bottled, no ditties about freedom fighters or walls. Just a good clean game played in the right spirit on and off the park.

Let's see if they can manage that, what an opportunity to get it right up all of us that would be. Only a set of absolute puddle-drinkers would spurn such an opportunity and disgrace themselves, the game, the nation and indeed the human race as a whole on a national stage. Again.

"Widely recognised" = by milhouse and his mates.

I think it's also important to recognise that Scotland is a tiny, insignificant little country that nobody outside it gives two fucks about.

You'll be happy to agree then that "53 titles, most successful club in the world" is a ridiculous claim to make for the former club.

It's difficult to see the place of the Old Firm in the 21st century. Scotland would be a much better country if they did not exist. The locus for a significant volume of violence and hate crimes would disappear virtually overnight.

As has been said by many on P&B, you cannot support Rangers or Celtic without being complicit, on some level, of continuing bigotry in Scotland.

You'll be happy to agree then that "53 titles, most successful club in the world" is a ridiculous claim to make for the former club.

It's difficult to see the place of the Old Firm in the 21st century. Scotland would be a much better country if they did not exist. The locus for a significant volume of violence and hate crimes would disappear virtually overnight.

As has been said by many on P&B, you cannot support Rangers or Celtic without being complicit, on some level, of continuing bigotry in Scotland.

Yes 53 is a rediculous shout , it is 54 titles

This is Celtic's Cup Final. Watch thousands of their fans magically reappear and this will be the highest demand they will have for tickets all season. 14,000 at the Piggery yesterday. They have abandoned their club.

You're being kind to them. 1100 or so of that 14000 was us.

Been to both grounds this season and Sevco do seem to be turning out in better numbers. The flip side is that away fans don't spend the game at Celtic Park feeling they might get eaten at some point,

Is it possible to start a thread on P&B and have the power to delete whatever posts you want to delete? Don't start many threads so just wondering

You could just open a word document, write the pish you want to write without anyone else's opinion getting in the way of your own arithmetically chalenged bullshit. Then when you're ready just share the whole document via your choice of social media platform. Or better yet, don't bother.

Sevco fans gloating about crowds at Celtic obviously don't remember Oldco pulling similarly pish numbers for midweek and cup games before liquidation.

Sevco are on a good run and will turn out while they are winning every week. If they are still pulling the same crowds as an also-ran and Celtic's are still shite then fair enough.

Archived