The All New 2016 MLB Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was planning on heading to opening day, but bailed on sitting in the cold. Dominating win over the Cards today. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come regarding both teams. Great to see Freese debut with 2 hits and good play in the field. Solid start for Liriano. Too many walks, but made up for the mistakes with strikeouts as is usual for him. Good at bats from the team top to bottom except for Marte. Not sure how I feel about McCutchen's beard.

I can see the Pirates missing out. Cubs and Cards into the playoffs.

Playing in the NL Central under the current playoff format sucks, but I'm confident heading into the season. We are counting on Marte and Polanco taking the next step and playing at an All Star level. I'm confident. We will also need Kang and Cervelli to repeat their surprising 2015 campaign. I'm confident. I've learned over the past few season not to doubt any of the pitching decisions made by the front office. The only points of concern for me heading into the season are first base and bench hitting, and I think that's a great scenario for any club heading into the season.

National League

East - Washington

Central - Chicago

West - Arizona

Wild Card - Pittsburgh, San Francisco

MVP - Bryce Harper

American League

East - Toronto

Central - Kansas City

West - Houston

Wild Card - New York, Cleveland

MVP - Mike Trout

Keep getting video errors on my MLB.tv which is frustrating. It'd managing to cope with Washington-Atlanta at the moment through Panasonic internet TV but I'm worried.

Archived