The All New 2016 MLB Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schwarber injury aside, the Cubs look excellent so far. 5-1 roadtrip to start the season, and they were winning in the 8th inning of the game they lost!

Gutted for Schwarber though. Not much you can do about collisions in the outfield but to miss a whole year for a bang on the knee is harsh. Only silver lining is it makes the playing time for others a bit clearer - Bryant played RF last night and La Stella played 3rd and picked up 3 hits. Soler will likely get the bulk of starts in left, but likely still a bit of a liability on defense.

Schwarber injury aside, the Cubs look excellent so far. 5-1 roadtrip to start the season, and they were winning in the 8th inning of the game they lost!

Gutted for Schwarber though. Not much you can do about collisions in the outfield but to miss a whole year for a bang on the knee is harsh. Only silver lining is it makes the playing time for others a bit clearer - Bryant played RF last night and La Stella played 3rd and picked up 3 hits. Soler will likely get the bulk of starts in left, but likely still a bit of a liability on defense.

Not playing catchers there would be a start.

Not playing catchers there would be a start.

Think you'd probably find more people who think he can be a LF than a Catcher! Now with a year on the sidelines and a dodgy knee, i'm not sure they'll try him behind the plate on his return.

Think you'd probably find more people who think he can be a LF than a Catcher! Now with a year on the sidelines and a dodgy knee, i'm not sure they'll try him behind the plate on his return.

I think this may have been said further up, but I think this injury will affect his chances of playing catcher long term. Aside from that awful injury to Schwarber, a great start for the Cubs. I do worry about the defensive side of things, but it seems more often than not they can just outslug their opponents. Hope it continues.

Attended a game in Washington yesterday for the first time. Bottom half of stadiums from both neighborhood and in stadium experience. Did see $21 million man Jason Werth finally get his first hit of the season. Weak bloop single with bases loaded, so it was timely at least.

Pirates has 19 hits and 2 runs in their consecutive loses to the Reds. Dominating our interleague "rival" Detroit today, though.

No question that Arrieta is going to be the favourite for Cy Young in the NL again.

Delighted he got Grandpa Rossy his first no hitter as C too. Everyone loves the old man. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1461308992.962901.jpg

That was great. Love David Ross. He's even older than I am, for Christ's sake. And as for Jake Arrieta, he's so good right now it's almost unfair.

Archived