Shire vs Clyde

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean higgins again doing the business. Been diff class since stirling away midweek. Few on here wrongly had a go at him after shire at home when he tired 2nd half, Done the business last sat and again tonight....

Glad to see Marsh get a goal and an assist , He works his socks off for the team - Clearly one of our own indeed...

Roll on sat and reading the Elgin thread they sound like they struggled bad tonight...

Foreva n eva

Got to disagree with you Gunther, I thought Clyde were the better team right throughout & especially first half. We started off really well albeit took the foot of the gas slightly. A very important victory with team playing well & fans giving them a good vocal backing.

3 points secured now it's on to Saturday which again is massive!!! Gonna be some finish to the season with 5 teams fighting away at the top.

A complete side track but must say the save not long before Marsh's goal by the Shire keeper to keep out Smith's header was unreal. Could not believe he clawed that back.

Two ten minute spells aside in each half we were really good again. Second half more so and the second goal lifted the players and they played with a swagger about them which was great.

Saturday is huge and given we've missed chances to be closer, if not top, already we have to win.

Game in hand still too over Elgin. Goal difference equal. Place yer bets....

Agree on corners, but their keeper had saves to make whereas Waters was relatively untroubled. I actually thought Juniors header had crossed the line, but perfect timing for Marsh goal.

Have to say I think Shire are one of the better footballing teams in the division, but they are fairly toothless up front.

After Higgins got our 2nd goal - some of the football we played was great, and we absolutely strolled through the rest of the game.

Millen impressing me more and more, and although there were no failures I thought Scott McLaughlin 2nd half was at the heart of everything. He may not stand out the most but I believe we're a better team with him in it, and it's absolutely the case with Gormley.

Three points, +three goal goal difference, no-one sent off, return of around three stalwarts, altogether rather a positive evening's endeavor.

What's not to like about that?

Archived