Newtongrange star

b on the star

On 2017/06/04 at 10:57, TheGeneral10 said:

Nitten are down and nothing should save them from that. 

The precedent on this was set when Ballingry folded. A team needs to fold/leave after the AGM as happened with Falkirk for there to be an odd number of teams.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nitten should be relegated........no if's or but's as they have proved throughout the season they deserve to go down!!

I notice the manager in the Evening News today slagging of players for going to a wedding instead of playing! However, if HE had got his recruitment correct or tactics correct throughout the season they would NOT have found themselves in the play offs at this late stage of the season in the first place!! (no doubt he'll keep his job having won only 25% of their league games)

Also Committee members slagging players commitment when its them that have turned a good club, who were up near the top of the league challenging to one that has been relegated! Blaming everybody else apart from themselves for putting the club in this position with crippling DEBTS!!!

So the question should be........ why would TRANENT not get promoted to the Super League instead???

or the best case scenario for Nitten would be for them to play Tranent in a "play off" to see who deserves to be in the Super League next season, Forfar West End have proved they are a better team over the 2 legs and deserve to lay in the higher league?!!

18 minutes ago, pie n beans said:

Armadale and Bathgate both stayed up recently when a team in their division left or folded (Ballingry and Montrose i think it was) 

Let's all be honest. Nitten are staying up. There is clearly a precedent in such cases and there isn't an alternative that doesn't see the Superleague with one team less for a season - which after reading various comments I agree doesn't really work.

Do they deserve this large slice of luck......NO WAY. The league doesn't lie and then lost over 2 game playoff fair and square. They are (right now) in the position they deserve to be.......RELEGATED!!! But when they get offered the opportunity to stay up they will of course grab it, who wouldn't. 

Will the club take massive stick over the next few weeks when this is all confirmed........YES. But it will blow over. It's a second chance for them after a horrible season. Clear the decks and start afresh with the Superleague as an incentive to sign players that look like they actually give a toss about anything other than money. 

Being a Nitten supporter yes we are relegated. Don't know what all the fuss is about. I'm quite happy to only cross the bridge 5 times next season with a few derbys to look forward to. You can keep the so called super league. Hope Kelty don't move.

3 hours ago, knowlegeispower said:

Nitten should be relegated........no if's or but's as they have proved throughout the season they deserve to go down!!

I notice the manager in the Evening News today slagging of players for going to a wedding instead of playing! However, if HE had got his recruitment correct or tactics correct throughout the season they would NOT have found themselves in the play offs at this late stage of the season in the first place!! (no doubt he'll keep his job having won only 25% of their league games)

Also Committee members slagging players commitment when its them that have turned a good club, who were up near the top of the league challenging to one that has been relegated! Blaming everybody else apart from themselves for putting the club in this position with crippling DEBTS!!!

So the question should be........ why would TRANENT not get promoted to the Super League instead???

or the best case scenario for Nitten would be for them to play Tranent in a "play off" to see who deserves to be in the Super League next season, Forfar West End have proved they are a better team over the 2 legs and deserve to lay in the higher league?!!

The alcohol I will need to take to deal with this post will render me unconscious for at least a year. 

Quick review as far as I am aware no one from Nitten has said anything other than well done to Forfar and are looking forward to a good season in the Premier next season

No one has said that shouldn't happen

If the league want to ballance the Super League up that is up them 

If Nitten benifit - again that is not up to Nitten

All i will say is I have been on the other end where points have been taken off for no fault of our own so swings in round abouts eh

I would gladly pay for ur intake if ur being serious

I wonder at times if you follow junior football at all, as few of your comments are actually football related.

At one point your sole focus was when Nitten's lottery would be won.

However, your last comment was very funny!

I wonder at times if you follow junior football at all, as few of your comments are actually football related.

At one point your sole focus was when Nitten's lottery would be won.

However, your last comment was very funny!

Thank you . And yes I do follow football in all aspects off the game.

3 hours ago, The Faceman said:
Quick review as far as I am aware no one from Nitten has said anything other than well done to Forfar and are looking forward to a good season in the Premier next season
No one has said that shouldn't happen
If the league want to ballance the Super League up that is up them 
If Nitten benifit - again that is not up to Nitten
All i will say is I have been on the other end where points have been taken off for no fault of our own so swings in round abouts eh

Are you really saying after videoing/watching that match on Saturday that Newtongrange were trying so hard to get a 2nd goal.

Not sure I believe that from such a knowledgeable person as you. No urgency from the players to get the ball up the park.

No shouting from your management duo to the players in the 2nd half to chase each ball - especially from your no.2 who is not usually shy in getting involved!

Me smells something a bit off with all of that! Anyway time will tell, but at this time I cannot believe Nitten will be playing all your east lothian neighbours next year in league competition.

5 hours ago, knowlegeispower said:

Pity one of the players came out with this in the press before the 1st leg then....“We’ve been training ever since our last game just in case the play-off happened. A few of the boys have had to delay their holidays and some are going to miss out on weddings because we need to stay up. We are just taking the two games as they come and hopefully we can get a result and then bring them back home the following week.”.... Obviously he was always going to a wedding then? League shouldn't go beyond May to hopefully avoid wedding season but it did. Maybe if he'd said I can only play the first leg it might not have generated "slagging"?
Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/newtongrange-star-determined-to-grab-super-league-lifeline-1-4457120

Nitten got relegated because they only got enough points to make a play off. They fell short on Saturday so are relegated. Surely up to the ERSJFA to decide what happens. Maybe they will listen to you and suggest another play off against Tranent but don't hold your breathe.

What are the crippling debts you are on about? Interested to know what, why and how much or is that just a rumour you've made up?

On Monday, June 05, 2017 at 18:32, Toffee fan said:

Are you really saying after videoing/watching that match on Saturday that Newtongrange were trying so hard to get a 2nd goal.

Not sure I believe that from such a knowledgeable person as you. No urgency from the players to get the ball up the park.

No shouting from your management duo to the players in the 2nd half to chase each ball - especially from your no.2 who is not usually shy in getting involved!

Me smells something a bit off with all of that! Anyway time will tell, but at this time I cannot believe Nitten will be playing all your east lothian neighbours next year in league competition.

Toffee Fan. 

I ain't gonna go into detail regarding the work that goes on pre match but from a training point of view the team were training right the way through and I believe twice inbetween the games. 

I personally drove up to watch Forfar once and Sauchie three times in the event Nitten made the play off. I am certain the management also watched them as well. There would be no point in doing this if the club knew they were safe anyway.

The same work was put into the Forfar games as was put into Lithgow, Lochee and everyone else in the league. Newtongrange gave the upmost respect to Forfar and the same went for Forfar towards Nitten. 

As for during the game, I watched the full game this morning and although I agree with the vast majority of your posts can't agree with you on the effort the team put in. 

There were 8 changes in that team for a variety of reasons. The average age must have been no more than 20/21 so I can't and haven't all season knock any of the lads effort. 

The management will be in the same boat. You can't scream and shout at players who have given their all throughout the season. I can't comment on their volume level - it's not a get out clause but I stand at the other side of the park. 

If you are suggesting that they werent bothered about winning the game - that's bollox. I want to win every game - they want to win every game - the players want to win every game. I can't understand why anyone would play to lose or draw it's not in my nature. I know that 1 or 2 people are coming up with crazy reasons but...

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up, accept that on aggregate Forfar won the match and congratulate them on their success. That's what i did after the game and Nittens players and team.

As I said before I hoped Nitten wouldn't get relegated as the derby was a decent game to go to but what's done is done,don't know nothing about money or debt problems there but if so then hope it gets worked out.

On Monday, June 05, 2017 at 13:00, knowlegeispower said:

Right gonna try with this

Start with the easy bit.  Why shouldnt Tranent be promoted or in a play off.

Because although it would be great to see Tranent back at the top - i can't find anything, anywhere in the rules that state that the 4th place team would either get promoted or go into a play off in the event of teams leaving the Super League. There are presidents of relegation being stopped to get more teams in the Super League 3 or 4 years ago. 

As for the rest of your post. Blaming everyone for what you perceive to be a badly run club. I know nothing about the clubs finance - i do know the committee which has been boosted at last week's AGM work extremely hard. They also appriaceate the work everyone has put in throughout the club - seen that for myself at the POTY event at the end of May

Your defence of the players is strange. I have felt over the season that the club win as a team, lose as a team but find it truely staggering (as I did in 2012 when it happened to my team with players going to a Hibs Hearts game) that 3 or 4 decided to throw that away.

How on Earth you can defend players going to an event on any Saturday is at best embarrassing. No mention of the players posting pictures at the event on the night their team got relegated. Is that acceptable? In any case i am sure their future employers will think twice about taking them on. Some things you can understand - getting married best man child birth etc but they will be labelled with that everywhere they go. 

The top part of your post again has been answered in this forum. Nobody connected with the club have said otherwise. It's the ESJFA that decide who plays in its leagues not any club

The part about the management team is again pathetic. The tactics throughout the season? If Nitten had been in Tranents position - 2 cup finals - would you still be happy for the players to go awol? And the management? Would you have blamed the management for getting Nitten to the cup finals? 

Honestly! Everyone knows the season can go to the 2nd or 3rd week in June. if any player wants to make it in the game then they really should decide which takes priority. After all the scouts go to the cup finals and big games. 

The management have given their all, committee have given their all, players have given their all and supporters have given their all. 

Again you undermine and disrespect the work that goes on at Nitten and at other clubs who don't recognize your outdated big club / wee club scenario. Your stuck in the past - move on.

2 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Toffee Fan. 

I ain't gonna go into detail regarding the work that goes on pre match but from a training point of view the team were training right the way through and I believe twice inbetween the games. 

I personally drove up to watch Forfar once and Sauchie three times in the event Nitten made the play off. I am certain the management also watched them as well. There would be no point in doing this if the club knew they were safe anyway.

The same work was put into the Forfar games as was put into Lithgow, Lochee and everyone else in the league. Newtongrange gave the upmost respect to Forfar and the same went for Forfar towards Nitten. 

As for during the game, I watched the full game this morning and although I agree with the vast majority of your posts can't agree with you on the effort the team put in. 

There were 8 changes in that team for a variety of reasons. The average age must have been no more than 20/21 so I can't and haven't all season knock any of the lads effort. 

The management will be in the same boat. You can't scream and shout at players who have given their all throughout the season. I can't comment on their volume level - it's not a get out clause but I stand at the other side of the park. 

If you are suggesting that they werent bothered about winning the game - that's bollox. I want to win every game - they want to win every game - the players want to win every game. I can't understand why anyone would play to lose or draw it's not in my nature. I know that 1 or 2 people are coming up with crazy reasons but...

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up, accept that on aggregate Forfar won the match and congratulate them on their success. That's what i did after the game and Nittens players and team.

It's all about opinion Faceman, but if I was a Nitten fan there on Saturday, I'm not sure I would have been that happy the way that the second half was going. 

I agree with you on the issue of losing or drawing a match. The fact is, however, that Nitten did win on Saturday, and for me, that is all that the Management team wanted. Nitten got into the play off position, because they won their last four games, and given their position at the time, that was very impressive. The tempo of play when they beat Musselburgh, was far more telling than on Saturday. Maybe it was because it was a match against a local rival, but I think it was more to do with survival in the league. Don't think the tempo was as telling on Saturday.

This was their last game of the season, and even with 8 changes in the team, all the players should have given their all, as so much was dependant on the result. Win by 2 goals - penalties to see who is in Super League. Win by 3 goals, safe for another year. Win by 1 goal, relegated! Unless......? 

If home team is winning, and ball goes out of play/ the park, it can take the home team ages to get a new ball onto the park. However, if there is still hope, the home team will get a new ball onto the park as fast as it can. You say that you watch the full game this morning. Watch again, and in the second half, if I remember correctly, the ball gets kicked out of the ground, when  Nitten player was trying to shoot on goal. Look at the time it took Walter to get a ball out of the dugout and kick to the Forfar goalie so that the game could re-start. For me it took an age for him to do so, telling me that a 2 or 3 goal win wasn't that important.

11 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

It's all about opinion Faceman, but if I was a Nitten fan there on Saturday, I'm not sure I would have been that happy the way that the second half was going. 

I agree with you on the issue of losing or drawing a match. The fact is, however, that Nitten did win on Saturday, and for me, that is all that the Management team wanted. Nitten got into the play off position, because they won their last four games, and given their position at the time, that was very impressive. The tempo of play when they beat Musselburgh, was far more telling than on Saturday. Maybe it was because it was a match against a local rival, but I think it was more to do with survival in the league. Don't think the tempo was as telling on Saturday.

This was their last game of the season, and even with 8 changes in the team, all the players should have given their all, as so much was dependant on the result. Win by 2 goals - penalties to see who is in Super League. Win by 3 goals, safe for another year. Win by 1 goal, relegated! Unless......? 

If home team is winning, and ball goes out of play/ the park, it can take the home team ages to get a new ball onto the park. However, if there is still hope, the home team will get a new ball onto the park as fast as it can. You say that you watch the full game this morning. Watch again, and in the second half, if I remember correctly, the ball gets kicked out of the ground, when  Nitten player was trying to shoot on goal. Look at the time it took Walter to get a ball out of the dugout and kick to the Forfar goalie so that the game could re-start. For me it took an age for him to do so, telling me that a 2 or 3 goal win wasn't that important.

Again I agree with the vast majority of your posts and the way you write them but not this time 

1) time wasting by either team is the referees job to control. Personally i thought he added on the correct amount of time. I would like to have had another 2 or 3 in the 1st half but again the officials will see the game differently from someone with tinted glasses on like myself.

2) the second half was frustrating as it was total attack v a well organised and drilled defense. (If Nitten had the 2 goal lead it would be difficult to not defend it) so I ain't having a go at them

Corners are usually a good indicator of which team is on top. Forfar 2nd half corner they had the keeper and 4 defenders back - with 2 holding half way inside Nittens half. - Mainly because Nitten had 3 + 1 outside the box ready to counter. The same when Nitten got a corner. Everyone bar the keeper and 1 defender were in or around the Forfar box.

Once again it is only right to praise Forfar who came with a game plan and their players I thought carried it out. Not my style of football - however if it won the game which it did then hats off to them. 

3) The time for returning the ball. - during the 2nd half I think 5 or 6 times the ball went out the park - 2 shots in very quick succession as well. Again that is part of every game - the referee is in charge of both asking for a new ball and adding any time on. We could have had a hundred balls tossed at the keeper everytime the ball went out of play but the keeper can still swap sides waste time etc 

4) I have to take issue with the point about winning the game and players giving their all. 

Firstly in my book an aggregate loss is a loss. In the same way if Mussey win on pens tonight - it's not a draw it's a win.

Management happy to win 1-0 - not for me. They could be sitting on the beach right now feet up instead of this unknown situation. - why on Earth would they have went to the bother of getting a team together if they had no intention of winning the game? Also who benifits from Nitten not winning the game? Nobody unless I've missed something. 

But although your making the point as you see it regarding players giving their all - i can't even begin to see that point of view mate. I could point to as many facts as you care to listen to about the effort the lads put in. 

- i make the average age under 21 for the entire 15 that were named. 

- 5 yellow cards - the most Nitten have picked up in a game for 20 matches and that was a derby

- the squad (thanks to the Nitten 4) down to the bones.

1 player playing through injury who hadnt played for 11 games.

1 player playing through injury who hadnt kicked a ball in 13 games or 18th February.

1 who was without a start in 9 games

1 making his debut. 2 players with a combined 3 minutes of football for Nitten both who would have made debuts if started and another who had been out on loan and hadn't kicked a ball for Nitten since 19th November.

Could go on. A player who's other half had a baby 3 days before the 1st game but still played and 2 players who altered holidays to make both games. That's the stuff I know about. There is probably more but again rather than either of us blame the folk who turned up I would rather 1st praise Forfar and have a look at the folk who didn't turn up. You never know 1 might be heading your way!

In the same way when Musselburgh lost on penalties to Lithgow with 2 keepers and 2 debutants last season it is totally unfair to blame those lads who gave absolutely everything. the blame for me can only be pointed in 1 direction and that is with those who decided not to play. 

-  31 of this seasons 68 goals worth 

- 10160 game mins worth

- 125 appearances between them worth

If you or me had the skill to play for any team - and to even be paid for the privilege of doing so, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would not take up that opportunity unless you were seriously injured to go to a social event.  Thankfully the 15 lads on Saturday share my view and panned their nut in and although it ain't my place I would rather have players like that then the ones who some people on here are unbelievably defending.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 09:57, juniorexpert1 said:

Yes i have because they are in a false position very very lucky team this season.Hope Newtongrange pump them.

@juniorexpert1

You alright?Love a billy big baws who dishes it out but who then vanishes like snow off a dyke when they realise they've made a complete twat of themselves.

Again I agree with the vast majority of your posts and the way you write them but not this time 
1) time wasting by either team is the referees job to control. Personally i thought he added on the correct amount of time. I would like to have had another 2 or 3 in the 1st half but again the officials will see the game differently from someone with tinted glasses on like myself.
2) the second half was frustrating as it was total attack v a well organised and drilled defense. (If Nitten had the 2 goal lead it would be difficult to not defend it) so I ain't having a go at them
Corners are usually a good indicator of which team is on top. Forfar 2nd half corner they had the keeper and 4 defenders back - with 2 holding half way inside Nittens half. - Mainly because Nitten had 3 + 1 outside the box ready to counter. The same when Nitten got a corner. Everyone bar the keeper and 1 defender were in or around the Forfar box.
Once again it is only right to praise Forfar who came with a game plan and their players I thought carried it out. Not my style of football - however if it won the game which it did then hats off to them. 
3) The time for returning the ball. - during the 2nd half I think 5 or 6 times the ball went out the park - 2 shots in very quick succession as well. Again that is part of every game - the referee is in charge of both asking for a new ball and adding any time on. We could have had a hundred balls tossed at the keeper everytime the ball went out of play but the keeper can still swap sides waste time etc 
4) I have to take issue with the point about winning the game and players giving their all. 
Firstly in my book an aggregate loss is a loss. In the same way if Mussey win on pens tonight - it's not a draw it's a win.
Management happy to win 1-0 - not for me. They could be sitting on the beach right now feet up instead of this unknown situation. - why on Earth would they have went to the bother of getting a team together if they had no intention of winning the game? Also who benifits from Nitten not winning the game? Nobody unless I've missed something. 
But although your making the point as you see it regarding players giving their all - i can't even begin to see that point of view mate. I could point to as many facts as you care to listen to about the effort the lads put in. 
- i make the average age under 21 for the entire 15 that were named. 
- 5 yellow cards - the most Nitten have picked up in a game for 20 matches and that was a derby
- the squad (thanks to the Nitten 4) down to the bones.
1 player playing through injury who hadnt played for 11 games.
1 player playing through injury who hadnt kicked a ball in 13 games or 18th February.
1 who was without a start in 9 games
1 making his debut. 2 players with a combined 3 minutes of football for Nitten both who would have made debuts if started and another who had been out on loan and hadn't kicked a ball for Nitten since 19th November.
Could go on. A player who's other half had a baby 3 days before the 1st game but still played and 2 players who altered holidays to make both games. That's the stuff I know about. There is probably more but again rather than either of us blame the folk who turned up I would rather 1st praise Forfar and have a look at the folk who didn't turn up. You never know 1 might be heading your way!
In the same way when Musselburgh lost on penalties to Lithgow with 2 keepers and 2 debutants last season it is totally unfair to blame those lads who gave absolutely everything. the blame for me can only be pointed in 1 direction and that is with those who decided not to play. 
-  31 of this seasons 68 goals worth 
- 10160 game mins worth
- 125 appearances between them worth
If you or me had the skill to play for any team - and to even be paid for the privilege of doing so, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would not take up that opportunity unless you were seriously injured to go to a social event.  Thankfully the 15 lads on Saturday share my view and panned their nut in and although it ain't my place I would rather have players like that then the ones who some people on here are unbelievably defending.

Glad u got that off ur chest u feeling better for it.

Archived