Newtongrange star

b on the star

Wonderful.

I'm sure that your opinion after a comprehensive career in the juniors (2-3) seasons. As well as an opinion that says Brian McNaughton who has won the Junior Cup has great experience with Arniston Dalkeith and Broxburn. A record of improvement at all. Is not in YOUR opinion worthy of consideration will register well with all involved in the process of finding a new Manager .

But hey......... Batter in.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny Harvey was the first name i thought off when the job came up. Surely the front runner for it?

Heard from a committee member, application so far have been received for the job at Newtongrange Star by the following people.

Calvin Shand (Linlithgow Rose Assistant Manager)

Steven Mcleish (Musselburgh Athletic  Manager)

Johnny Harvey (Haddington Athletic Manager)

Grant Cairnie (Former Whitehill Welfare Manager)

Callum Elliot (Edinburgh United Manager)

Brian McNaughton (Broxburn Athletic Assistant Manager)

Kevin Mcdonald (ex Hibs player i think)

Kenny Munro (former captain)

What do the newtongrange faithful think of these so far, any jump out?

Few good names mentioned

Stevie Mcleish has done a good job at Musselburgh and knows leagues well.

Johnny Harvey good young coach with good backing from Keith Wright.

Calum Elliott just starting out, young manager also but would defo do a job.

Calvin shand working with Davie Mcgylnn at linthigow, again young coach but knows his stuff also.

The rest I wouldn't even look at.

Kevin McDonald ex Musselburgh player??

Shocking decision from the committee to get rid of the management when they're in a quarter final and are in a good run of form, cost them the EoS cup which was easily winnable for Nitten

Easy 😂😂😂😂

Sorry, but for anyone to know the clubs debt must either be committee or a club member who attended the recent AGM. It's bad form to shout your mouth off about club business when that is exactly what it is, club business and nobody else's. As for the committee, as you point out they have lurched from one disaster to another and yet they are still there when they don't have to be. They inherited a hell of a backlog from past committee (no disrespect meant) and some more than others have put in alot of time and effort. Unfair to tar everyone on the committee with same brush.

Not sure what's meant by a backlog. The 'last committee' left the club debt free. Since then we have apparently paid players far beyond our means resulting in the debt talked about on here. The new Manager will have very little to spend on players as we get the debt paid off.

I think that Alan Miller did his best for the Star and like any former Star manager should be welcomed at the club anytime.

Archived