Newtongrange star

b on the star

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the moral here is never to let the truth get in the way of a good story. Before getting carried away with any of this shit-stirring balony though, please note just how recently some of these self-proclaimed experts on our club joined this forum. There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself...

And the moral here is never to let the truth get in the way of a good story. Before getting carried away with any of this shit-stirring balony though, please note just how recently some of these self-proclaimed experts on our club joined this forum. There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself...

well your obviously on the committee

Sense a lot of bitterness in this post star is better off without the management they had

100% agree , I'm very surprised the committee didn't get rid of them long before now, a club like newtongrange star should be doing better, with the players we had this season we should be up there competing in the top 2 or 3 and definitely a good run in the Scottish, say what yous want but I personally think that group of players haven't been managed properly & there's also no excuse for signing Lewis coult and giving him 100 a week now that's just ripping the pish. Looks like we are going to need another Graeme Armstrong, would have loved to have seen what he would've done with the budget Alan millers wasted. Ach well hopefully we get someone in that likes to play a decent passing game of football and not just this long kick up the park to the 1 striker playing up top on there own, I fell sorry for big kris Renton, cos he's one of the best finishers I've seen in the juniors, the big man can score goals but for god sake surely I'm not the only one seeing that he's just not mobile enough to play the lone striker role, millers tactics were shocking at times, most of the time too!

Be on the star

100% agree , I'm very surprised the committee didn't get rid of them long before now, a club like newtongrange star should be doing better, with the players we had this season we should be up there competing in the top 2 or 3 and definitely a good run in the Scottish, say what yous want but I personally think that group of players haven't been managed properly & there's also no excuse for signing Lewis coult and giving him 100 a week now that's just ripping the pish. Looks like we are going to need another Graeme Armstrong, would have loved to have seen what he would've done with the budget Alan millers wasted. Ach well hopefully we get someone in that likes to play a decent passing game of football and not just this long kick up the park to the 1 striker playing up top on there own, I fell sorry for big kris Renton, cos he's one of the best finishers I've seen in the juniors, the big man can score goals but for god sake surely I'm not the only one seeing that he's just not mobile enough to play the lone striker role, millers tactics were shocking at times, most of the time too!

Be on the star

Millers tactics were that bad that he got Nitten back to the super league after Armstrong relegated them, won the east of Scotland cup got to two league cup finals and made Nitten a established super league team that can compete with the best, you don't have a clue

Millers tactics were that bad that he got Nitten back to the super league after Armstrong relegated them, won the east of Scotland cup got to two league cup finals and made Nitten a established super league team that can compete with the best, you don't have a clue

- ok I don't have a clue, millers tactics are woeful, we lost our best player last season cos Miller wouldn't play the guy in his position, a guy that would've loved to have stayed at the star, would you also say the big punt up the park is good football to watch ? I would hate to see what league we would be in if windy had armstrongs budget, enough said. The football we played and fitness of the players under Graeme was far better than the last couple seasons.

Won the EOS?? I think you'll find Notton were in the final when windy took over. That's like saying Collins won his the league cup when it was mowbrays side

Miller didn't have a clue he had the chance to sign one of the best players in the league just now in Wayne Macintosh and turned it down! A man that scores a hell of a lot of goals and wanted to come to nitten and miller turns him down? Look what he has done at Bonnyrigg this season and we just passed him up? Smart management that

jfep.gif

Well this is going well.

Can mind when miller was the messiah! and how stupid we were for allowing him to leave..... All goes well on Saturday you can come to boomtown for a party lads

I'll be there ;) lol

Heard from a committee member, application so far have been received for the job at Newtongrange Star by the following people.

Calvin Shand (Linlithgow Rose Assistant Manager)

Steven Mcleish (Musselburgh Athletic Manager)

Johnny Harvey (Haddington Athletic Manager)

Grant Cairnie (Former Whitehill Welfare Manager)

Callum Elliot (Edinburgh United Manager)

Brian McNaughton (Broxburn Athletic Assistant Manager)

Kevin Mcdonald (ex Hibs player i think)

Kenny Munro (former captain)

What do the newtongrange faithful think of these so far, any jump out?

Few good names mentioned

Stevie Mcleish has done a good job at Musselburgh and knows leagues well.

Johnny Harvey good young coach with good backing from Keith Wright.

Calum Elliott just starting out, young manager also but would defo do a job.

Calvin shand working with Davie Mcgylnn at linthigow, again young coach but knows his stuff also.

The rest I wouldn't even look at.

Archived