Falkirk Kelpies @ Dumbarton Rocks

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every club without 4 sided stadiums should be excluded from the SPFL imo.

It's the only way to stop the diddies from rising.

^^^This.

Although I do admire Killie for building a stadium to accommodate Aberdeen crowds.

Also jolly good of them to allow the old firm to have separate title parties there with 15k fans.

Scottish Fitba eh

Dumbartons stadium is everything that is wrong with Scottish football. An unfinished ground with no atmosphere. £18/£20 for that is the reason people aren't going.

Funnily enough I've never known there to be any atmosfeerz through at your Grangemouth barn either.

Falkirk fans getting fair rattled here after being called out on being fair weather fans eh?

Absolutely. Dummies out the pram all over the place, real heads' gone.

Dumbartons stadium is everything that is wrong with Scottish football. An unfinished ground with no atmosphere. £18/£20 for that is the reason people aren't going.

I agree totally with the comment re cost, but you rather spoil it with a real cheap shot worthy of your more famous namesake.  I've stayed all my life in Dumbarton, and it's a small town where far too many people still require bigotry and Irish history with their football, leaving a Sons-supporting  rump of the population of which I'm a life member. 

The club does it's best in the circumstances, and yet I seem to remember putting money in a plastic bucket at the Brockville turnstiles circa 1993 - we've never yet needed the begging bowl at Dumbarton ;)

I still remember the 80s when Dumbarton were the money team in the division and were taking the likes of Gerry McCoy from us by offering him cash we couldn't match at the time. You'd never believe it these days but footballs a strange game.

Have never forgiven the Falkirk fans for smashing the Windows on the supporters bus at a match at brockville in the 1972-73 season. To make matters worse it was the middle of winter and the return to Dumbarton was uncomfortably cold for everyone. Falkirk even had the cheek to beat us that day. I remember that we told a big Falkirk polisman that the Windows had been smashed in to which he had a look and then said that so they had and then wandered merrily away never to be seen again.

Have never forgiven the Falkirk fans for smashing the Windows on the supporters bus at a match at brockville in the 1972-73 season. To make matters worse it was the middle of winter and the return to Dumbarton was uncomfortably cold for everyone. Falkirk even had the cheek to beat us that day. I remember that we told a big Falkirk polisman that the Windows had been smashed in to which he had a look and then said that so they had and then wandered merrily away never to be seen again.

Aye sorry bout that bud x

Archived