Cowdenbeath v airdrieonians

Statement on our official site:

Airdrieonians FC Head Coach Eddie Wolecki Black was taken ill during the half-time interval of this afternoon’s 1-3 League One win at Cowdenbeath.

Eddie was taken by ambulance from Central Park to Kirkcaldy’s Victoria Hospital for treatment.

His condition is now stable and the Club would like to thank Diamonds physio Kirsty Hughes and our colleagues at Cowdenbeath FC for their prompt and professional response this afternoon.

http://airdriefc.com/news/2016/03/ewb

Good news. Hope he avoids the toxic food at the Vic.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was pleased to see Lewis Milne score another fine goal and he looks as though he is coming back into form. Missing both Kerr (could be out for some time) and Aldin we had makeshift centre backs and Lister was a handful. We missed two absolute sitters and gave them the second and third goals on a plate a- the third was a goalkeeping disaster just when we could get back into things. Their first goal was a beauty. More important though is the health of the Airdrie boss

Thanks CC from a football perspective sound like had we been more clinical & avoided unnecessary errors may have taken something.

Of more significance I read on the official Airdrie United that their manager is at least stable hopefully a positive indicator. Well done to all parties involved in ensuring that he received prompt professional medical attention.

I can't believe that somebody said they prefers Cowdenbeath's ground to ours. I last visited Cowdenbeath 25 years ago and the horror is still with me. The fans were perfectly pleasant but the stadium was awful.

My preference for a football ground is for a roof over my head, a seat and the ability to go to the toilet without holding my nose!

Mine is one that's unique and has character and one that you can stand and watch the game instead of sitting freezing with no atmosphere in a replica of a hundred other stadiums.

Mine is one that's unique and has character and one that you can stand and watch the game instead of sitting freezing with no atmosphere in a replica of a hundred other stadiums.

Again, can't agree enough!!! Airdrie, livvy, Dumbarton, Hamilton, Falkirk. Horrible Ikea flat-packed Soul-less, more than half empty stadiums are so boring.

The goalie had an absolute nightmare at 2-1 when we were well in it. After that heads down and forget it.

Feel sorry for Nish, he can't account for that or the 2 really good chances we missed before they scored their 2nd.

However, Nish doesn't seem to be inspiring belief in the team for me. All too quiet and accepting defeat. Team too quiet aswell , not enough talking team mates through the game and the team playing with a lack of confidence.

Get the fookin heads up and start playing with confidence or move aside and let someone else do it.

Nothing in the game but we lost 3-1 at home. That's how it goes when you are struggling. Cycle has to be broken. I honestly think Donald is considering the managers future.

I felt sorry for Nishy too. He looked depressed when I went to see him this afternoon to give a birthday card to him...

I was nearly crying when Airdrie scored the 3rd one :(

I felt sorry for Nishy too. He looked depressed when I went to see him this afternoon to give a birthday card to him...

He looked depressed because he is about to feel Donalds wrath if he doesn't get the team away from the relegation zone

It's up to the manager to make the players believe in themselves, not looked depressed.

Just my opinion. There's a lot of football left to play and no time for moping around.

If appeals so much why not go to the game today ? Everyone to their own but think find vast majority disagree with you. I am not critise beaths stadium as showed today they have first class people at their club.

Situation was difficult and different last season as we were competing in a league made up of mostly full timers containing the likes of Rangers Hibs and Hearts.

The league is interesting couple wins in a row fortunes change.

Again, can't agree enough!!! Airdrie, livvy, Dumbarton, Hamilton, Falkirk. Horrible Ikea flat-packed Soul-less, more than half empty stadiums are so boring.

Don't disagree on the soulless stuff. But f&ck off with going to Central Park every fortnight. It's a sh1thole and is murder. Crap view in stand and staring through mesh on terracing. Poor

The league is interesting couple wins in a row fortunes change.

Yes that's right but unfortunately our abysmal team just can't seem to achieve that and our defence is a nightmare.

I don't see any leader on or off the park currently sadly

Situation was difficult and different last season as we were competing in a league made up of mostly full timers containing the likes of Rangers Hibs and Hearts.

Also Dumbarton and Alloa who thrashed us in the last game of the season when we had a great chance of staying up. It was all the players fault last season though 316 according to you.

Archived