Cowdenbeath v airdrieonians

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil I appreciate your views and you have every right to air them. You know I never object to anyone giving their honest views on the basis that is what I try and do myself. You continue to do your best for the club and I greatly respect that. The fact is Jimmy was appointed to keep us up in 2013/14 and he achieved that so it was a job well done. 2014/15 was a different matter. Many of the points you make are well made but some are over-stated. Cliques and splits weren't all down to Jimmy and that was the major problem last season - too many agendas pulling in different directions not always for the best of reasons.

I think it is unfair to say the current manager was part of some clique - he came in with only a limited part of last season to go. Back in 2010 at one of the public meetings I said there was a lot of hard graft ahead and folk had to recognise surviving rather than thriving might be the priority. We have done rather better than that but the message is still the same - win or lose, rise or fall the club is 100% dependent on fans like you and me and others keeping on, keeping on - raising funding, coming along and supporting the team, doing lots of hard graft with limited thanks and reward, etc. it's much easier just to quit of course and sometimes I feel like that but carry on because of the many folks who are willing to do their bit even when the going is tough.

You can surely appreciate that Dick Campbell would be a divisive figure - particularly for fans who were around in his disastrous spell as Cowden boss.

Lots of good points CC but we will not be surviving in this league much longer if things stay as they are. However If money is the reason for keeping the current manager, then we have to accept this if we are relegated again. I for one will keep supporting the team. It was always going to be difficult to achieve Donald's plans of establishing us in the second tier but hopefully we don't slide back altogether.

I really hope we win on Saturday and with it bring some momentum. I do feel for Nish as he seems to be a great guy but I do have my worries as of late.

Lots of good points CC but we will not be surviving in this league much longer if things stay as they are. However If money is the reason for keeping the current manager, then we have to accept this if we are relegated again. I for one will keep supporting the team. It was always going to be difficult to achieve Donald's plans of establishing us in the second tier but hopefully we don't slide back altogether.

I really hope we win on Saturday and with it bring some momentum. I do feel for Nish as he seems to be a great guy but I do have my worries as of late.

Definitely lots of good points made from you and CC.

Personally from me if I'm being open and honest it seems Nish has pulled the wool over Donalds eyes by talking a good game by getting this job in the first place but for me action speaks louder than words which we are seeing none of. He should get credit however by setting up the lucrative tie against Rangers although I am glad the first game up at Arbroath got called of as we didn't look good but on the return we played magnificently.

It's been an amateurish display on the park this season and Nish has had his chance to prove himself.The task at the start season was clear get us finishing fourth which is still technically possible but we now instead see ourselves in a relegation battle with the worst defence record in the Scottish Professional Leagues.

Establishing ourselves in the Championship will be well of our radar if we end up in the basement of Scottish Football which now has the dangerous pyramid system.

I will not be saying anymore on the matter and will back Cowden as a football club and always back the current board regardless of what league.

I will try and bite my tounge if we get beat on Saturday but we won't we are going to win and hopefully Nish has had a good talking to of what it would mean for our club.

On another note I had a dream about Cowdenbeath last night so they must be on my mind with worry.The dream was we got relegated and Neil Fentie pulled out with his sponsorship with Subsea!

The last two managerial appointments have been absolute disasters for the club. We will get relegated again this season as recruitment by present manager has been poor and the fact he's not good enough. The facts are we have collected 4 points out of 30 points and I'm quite happy to channel these views via the supporters council. Nish needs sacked end of as if we stick with him we will be playing Lowland League soon.

You never give up disliking against Nishy, don't you?   Well, I never give up fighting here.  Nishy will be a good manager even though this is 1st year as a manager of a club.

You never give up disliking against Nishy, don't you? Well, I never give up fighting here. Nishy will be a good manager even though this is 1st year as a manager of a club.

It's cos he's a terrible football manager. If we loose tomorrow he should resign.

It's cos he's a terrible football manager. If we loose tomorrow he should resign.

You sound like Celtic supporters.  They always complain about Ronny Deila even though Celtic is top of the league all the time.  He has horrible supporters like yourself :lol:

You sound like Celtic supporters.  They always complain about Ronny Deila even though Celtic is top of the league all the time.  He has horrible supporters like yourself :lol:

I don't know if you'd noticed but Cowdenbeath aren't currently at the top of the league. 

I don't know if you'd noticed but Cowdenbeath aren't currently at the top of the league. 

I know.  I am just talking about horrible Celtic supporters and a horrible Cowdenbeath supporter :lol:

Nish needs to go. He's fucking useless. 5 points out of 33 points.

Nish is a fantastic manager everyone knew he would be.Hmmm

I gave him open critiscism as a player for Cowden apart from his sensational performance against Raith.Deep down I genuinely knew he would be a dreadful appointment like many others.

However fans wanted a young inexperienced manager as Nicholl was criticised last season and the season before

It's obvious he spoke a very good game to get the job to his credit and murdoch and Smith have not helped matters for him.

However the stats and performances on the pitch tell you something is clearly not right either from the managers ability or the players don't have passion on helping the Cowden cause. If he does keep us up as it appears the club are sticking by their man I hope he learns what has not worked well and learn what he needs to do better.

The closing stage of this season will either make him as a manager or break him.

Over to you Nish please don't let the club down as in my opinion he is a very very lucky man that the Board are sticking with him and must have a good deal of patience who aren't having a knee jerk reaction by getting rid of him

If we do get relegated I blame partly the players and Nish as the manager who has the ultimate responsibility.

I like many others will not blame Donald as 1 he has been a fantastic leader for the club and 2 I have far to much respect for him and 3 Without Donald there will be no club and he is probably a once in a lifetime fantastic Chairman for this club.

Let's fight on and hope we take as much points as we can to beat the drop.

Hate how Nish gets as much praise for the game against Raith last season.

His first was a cracking finish, granted. The other two, any amatuer striker would have scored them. Apart from that, he did nothing of note in that game.

His first was a cracking finish, granted. The other two, any amatuer striker would have scored them. Apart from that, he did nothing of note in that game.

This is ludicrous - why not give credit where it's due - amateur strikers aren't scoring hat tricks in the Championship no way. Apart from scoring a hat trick he did nothing of note in that game - I wish we could say that about a Cowden player every week - what a daft thing to say.

As regards failing or winning, it's a team effort at Central Park that was made clear in 2010 when the goalposts moved - since then manager, players, board and fans achieve or fail together -that is the essence of a team.

Team effort definitely we all care for the club and the main thing is we continue to do the right thing for the club to ensure Cowden exist for decades to come.

However this season finishes yes we can throw the toys out the pram if we get relegated but we dust ourselves down and regroup. On the other hand a couple of points in the bag we might cross the finishing line.

Fife Derby next to which our pitch won't suit Dunfermlines style of play so you never know.

I do not think an amateur striker get MOTM in England.  I was watching a game in Hartlepool when Nishy scored a couple of goals for Hartlepool and got MOTM....  My good memory :thumsup2

I do not think an amateur striker get MOTM in England. I was watching a game in Hartlepool when Nishy scored a couple of goals for Hartlepool and got MOTM.... My good memory :thumsup2

Do you have his face stuck onto a blow up doll at home?

Archived