Cowdenbeath v airdrieonians

Have to say that the Airdrie players put in a good professional performance in the 2nd half after their manager taking ill at half time, must have been hard having to go out and play football for 45 minutes with that at the back of your mind.

Hopefully Eddie is ok.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The goalie had an absolute nightmare at 2-1 when we were well in it. After that heads down and forget it.

Feel sorry for Nish, he can't account for that or the 2 really good chances we missed before they scored their 2nd.

However, Nish doesn't seem to be inspiring belief in the team for me. All too quiet and accepting defeat. Team too quiet aswell , not enough talking team mates through the game and the team playing with a lack of confidence.

Get the fookin heads up and start playing with confidence or move aside and let someone else do it.

Nothing in the game but we lost 3-1 at home. That's how it goes when you are struggling. Cycle has to be broken. I honestly think Donald is considering the managers future.

Too late now to change the manager. If we did he's allowed to bring in one emergency loan to refresh the squad and inject some life into the team.

Murdoch and Smith were decent loans. Two more have been wasted on McDaid and Gibbons. Gibbons is possibly the worst footballer I've seen at CP and we've recently watched Beaumont and Jurisic. Nish apparently tried to sign him in the summer as well :lol:

I agree Nish should be punted but this season is gone so it's pointless wasting the cash. Not a single person I've spoken to after todays game thinks we have a chance of avoiding relegation.

Too late now to change the manager. If we did he's allowed to bring in one emergency loan to refresh the squad and inject some life into the team.

Murdoch and Smith were decent loans. Two more have been wasted on McDaid and Gibbons. Gibbons is possibly the worst footballer I've seen at CP and we've recently watched Beaumont and Jurisic. Nish apparently tried to sign him in the summer as well :lol:

I agree Nish should be punted but this season is gone so it's pointless wasting the cash. Not a single person I've spoken to after todays game thinks we have a chance of avoiding relegation.

I know what you are saying mate but if everyone thinks we are going down with Nish then surely we have to try a change?

Thanks to the beath fans your credit to your club with wishes etc. Would love all us airdrie fans to get behind Eddie and the team.

At the end of the day football's only a game someone's health and well being is far more important.

Thanks to the beath fans your credit to your club with wishes etc. Would love all us airdrie fans to get behind Eddie and the team.

I think everyone regardless of club allegiance will be behind Eddie & his family tonight and beyond until he is trully fully well.

The goalie had an absolute nightmare at 2-1 when we were well in it. After that heads down and forget it.

Feel sorry for Nish, he can't account for that or the 2 really good chances we missed before they scored their 2nd.

However, Nish doesn't seem to be inspiring belief in the team for me. All too quiet and accepting defeat. Team too quiet aswell , not enough talking team mates through the game and the team playing with a lack of confidence.

Get the fookin heads up and start playing with confidence or move aside and let someone else do it.

Nothing in the game but we lost 3-1 at home. That's how it goes when you are struggling. Cycle has to be broken. I honestly think Donald is considering the managers future.

Good shout Al.You were looking the part today as the match sponsor shame the team didn't get a result at the same time.

Yes Donalds not daft and I wouldn't be surprised if he is making calls tonight to see who would be prepared to come in before making a final decision on Nish's future.

Not everyones first choice but wouldn't be surprised in Dick coming in to inject some authority to the dressing room until the end of the season.

Or could it perhaps be an approach for Danny Lennon or Iain Murray

Good shout Al.You were looking the part today as the match sponsor shame the team didn't get a result at the same time.

Yes Donalds not daft and I wouldn't be surprised if he is making calls tonight to see who would be prepared to come in before making a final decision on Nish's future

Donald left his seat when the 3rd went in. Didn't look a happy man! Agree with Al though that the 3rd goal must have been a kick in the teeth for him.

Scullion was the biggest leader on the bench today and kicked every ball.

Yes Donalds not daft and I wouldn't be surprised if he is making calls tonight to see who would be prepared to come in before making a final decision on Nish's future.

Not everyones first choice but wouldn't be surprised in Dick coming in to inject some authority to the dressing room until the end of the season.

Or could it perhaps be an approach for Danny Lennon or Iain Murray

Can't see Dick getting the shout mate.

I know there is an obvious connection there with Donald and him but he would split the fans which is the last thing needed. There were hardly any there today as it is!

Kane and Zubaidi shouldn't be too bad. I hope. Please.

Don't want to see Kenny centre half though. He's a liability there.

And so it turned out. Did the manager not watch the 7-1 humping we got from the pars?

Kane had a nightmare, can't pass the ball more than three yards.

I heard the first aiders in the stand who attended to him initially say that it looked like a stroke. The Club Dr attended to him too so he had good quick attention. Hopefully not a stroke and he is ok. Airdrie didn't need a manager to day anyway and could have taken off a couple of players too, we were so poor.

Hope the Airdrie manager is OK, what an awful thing to happen. Puts everything else into perspective. Only found out by looking at the earlier posts, never heard anything on the radio coming up the road.

Can't see Dick getting the shout mate.

I know there is an obvious connection there with Donald and him but he would split the fans which is the last thing needed. There were hardly any there today as it is!

Yes unfortunately our support seems to continue to decline.

Tough times

Statement on our official site:

Airdrieonians FC Head Coach Eddie Wolecki Black was taken ill during the half-time interval of this afternoon’s 1-3 League One win at Cowdenbeath.

Eddie was taken by ambulance from Central Park to Kirkcaldy’s Victoria Hospital for treatment.

His condition is now stable and the Club would like to thank Diamonds physio Kirsty Hughes and our colleagues at Cowdenbeath FC for their prompt and professional response this afternoon.

http://airdriefc.com/news/2016/03/ewb

Archived