Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen - 08/03/16

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All our wins this side of Christmas have been evening kick offs.

Think nesbitt might play this one given he can't on Saturday and Doolan will come back in. Aberdeen are the only team he hasn't scored against since promotion, not surprising as we hardly ever score against them.

All our wins this side of Christmas have been evening kick offs.

Think nesbitt might play this one given he can't on Saturday and Doolan will come back in. Aberdeen are the only team he hasn't scored against since promotion, not surprising as we hardly ever score against them.

Have we not got an almost 100% record on arty give away days/nights too? :huh:

With Bannigan missing this I wonder who will step in?

REdwards certainly seem 'committed' when he came on yesterday.

Nesbitt didn't see much of the game stuck out on the left.

Possibly be more of a 4-2-3-1

with Welsh and Osman sitting.

I'd hazard a guess at Elliott, Lawless and Nesbitt behind Pogba bit Archie may go with Edwards over Nesbitt?

Partick Thistle 0 Aberdeen 2 :(

Do we have any news as to how long Bannigan is out for?

We do at least have lots of options in midfield, Fraser could come in as well. Lawless is the only forward who's played all through this run of 2 games in a week so he might be rotated for this one.

In corporate for this one, however being the responsible driver, so won't be able to get slaughtered, a damn shame. Was very impressed with Thistle at Christmas time, their setup was magnificent in restricting us, and this is a considerable test of the team and any "credentials" we may have to actually challenge.

I would expect that if Hayes is fit, he will play, to give us more attacking threat. Robson may well drop out for Storie or Flood also. A shame, as Robson was excellent at Tannadice, but wonder if the legs will hold up against the more imposing players of Thistle like Osman. As such, my team would ideally be: Brown; Logan, Taylor, Considine, Shinnie; Storie/Robson, Jack; McGinn, McLean, Hayes; Church.

For Thistle, I would expect to be facing Pogba as the striker tomorrow night, with Welsh and Osman in the centre of the park, Lawless causing good threat down either wing. We will need to be sharper in the counter attack than we were at Pittodrie to break down Seaborne, Lindsay and Cerny, while Dumbuya looks an excellent player too.

Reckon this one will finish 2-1 to the Famous, Church and Considine for us, Doolan pulling one back off the bench to setup a nervous ending.

Archived