Sunday Trophy

Bullfrog

Colville went through the best amatuer league with a 100% record reached finals/semi finals ect and beat some of the best sat am teams in the country dont get me wrong Argyle are a good side dont win a clean sweep for being shite and some of the sunday teams are actually better than Saturday teams but Colville 4-5 for me quality ALL over the park and players who have played senior level ect just my opinion tho

The Dundee Sunday scene has generated into a bit of a farce as I am sure argyle would admit. That is not their fault and some of the teams left are indeed of an excellent standard. But the reason for so many cups included stopping the league before it was actually finished (argyle had it wrapped up) and playing a new cup instead.

There is/was a real fear of teams not turning up etc.

In Dundee on a Sunday 25 years ago when the dolphin and the tavern were top dogs there were 8 leagues. Now 1 league including most of Tayside.

I couldn't agree more but we can only play the teams put In front of us. Its not our fault how good or bad the standard of football is in Dundee and there r very good sides ( cutty fintry tayport argyle ) being probably the better sides but we can't pick how many teams there r in the leagues or who plays for them we can only try to win our games. Our boys r happy wi wot they achieved this season and it wasn't easy by any means to wi our league and domestic cups but to add the Scottish to that we r very proud as a club as I'm sure any club in Scotland would be.ðŸ†

I couldn't agree more but we can only play the teams put In front of us. Its not our fault how good or bad the standard of football is in Dundee and there r very good sides ( cutty fintry tayport argyle ) being probably the better sides but we can't pick how many teams there r in the leagues or who plays for them we can only try to win our games. Our boys r happy wi wot they achieved this season and it wasn't easy by any means to wi our league and domestic cups but to add the Scottish to that we r very proud as a club as I'm sure any club in Scotland would be.

I agree it's just a shame it will not make the Sunday scene more popular.

You now could have a real scenario of the Scottish holders with no league to play in.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like there will be a league next year to play in was never in doubt mind u. some teams left some new joined so looking forward to a new challenge let hope it can be as good as last year team looks strong again so hope we can have a good run in Scottish again this year

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2019 at 18:15, Leafaboy said:

Who put eastend tower out? Cross Tavern doesnt surprise me donner decent side so are tavern but fancied donner 

Bellshill Ud from the AnC

Boys at Bellshill wont mind me saying that i was surprised by the result having played both teams this year already.

Lead to believe Bellshill were excellent and Eastend Tower were down to 8 or 9 men.

For me the winners will be from:

Bullfrog
Harvester
Leshmahagow
Bullwood
Haggs Tavern

Must be frustrating for the good sides in the Airdrie and Coatbridge setup with teams chucking it as soon as the going gets tough. Really feel for the Bullfrog and Lesmahagow in particular who’ve faced the same nonsense for two or three seasons now.

Bullwood a good addition to the league in terms of player quality.

Be good to see who wins the Sunday Trophy this year in the absence of a dominant Castlemilk.