Sunday Trophy

Bullfrog

15 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

I don’t think Lesmahagow will struggle for a team on a Sunday if they get to the latter stages of the big trophies. When the core of last year’s Sunday team are there every week, they’ll be as good as anyone.

Yes I would agree with that, thats why I think the drumchapel game  on a Friday night is a big one for them. As they have the South of Scotland Cup on the Saturday. How many of last years team can they get to play on Friday?

Hard one when you’re playing both a Saturday and a Sunday, especially with mostly the same squad for both days. Very difficult to prioritise given how good they’ve been in the Sunday leagues for the past two seasons or so.
If they don’t get to the latter stages of the big cups, I wouldn’t be surprised if they wrap their Sunday team next season and solely focus on their progression through the Central.

Alot of players play sat and sun however if you have the same team on sat aswell as the sun injuries ect allways going to struggle if i was them i would have ditched the sunday team and went solely for sats like castlemilk did far to hard to have the exact same team for both days 

6 minutes ago, Leafaboy said:

Alot of players play sat and sun however if you have the same team on sat aswell as the sun injuries ect allways going to struggle if i was them i would have ditched the sunday team and went solely for sats like castlemilk did far to hard to have the exact same team for both days 

I seen them last season against Harvester, Westside, Castlemeilk in the Scottish, I also watched Haggs, Eastend Tower, Castlemilk also in the Scottish different rounds.

I was visiting the committee in Coatbridge and noticed Lesmahagow playing a game this season. One of the league committee was telling me they have not won a single league game or a cup game this season. Just keep playing he called them trialist (don't think you can do that now) and young guys? 

Thats why I agreed with Brad Bobley if they get to the later rounds they could be in with a shout. I also won't be suprised if they go out on Friday night asgainst Drumchapel.

10 minutes ago, The roadrunner mark2 said:

I seen them last season against Harvester, Westside, Castlemeilk in the Scottish, I also watched Haggs, Eastend Tower, Castlemilk also in the Scottish different rounds.

I was visiting the committee in Coatbridge and noticed Lesmahagow playing a game this season. One of the league committee was telling me they have not won a single league game or a cup game this season. Just keep playing he called them trialist (don't think you can do that now) and young guys? 

Thats why I agreed with Brad Bobley if they get to the later rounds they could be in with a shout. I also won't be suprised if they go out on Friday night asgainst Drumchapel.

Yeah i seen they havent won in the league but you’re probably right just playing the full team in the scottish and west cup on a sunday which is fairenough but as i said if i was them i would have solely focused on the sat cause they are a good side but each to there own. 

Think we’re all pretty much in agreement troops.
Likely they’ll take a leaf out of Castlemilk’s book for next season, I imagine.

Sure one of the boys who runs the Gow has an account on here and can give us their take on it.

In other news, Harvester playing Wishaw United (largely comprised of all the young lads born 1997-1999 who used to play with the Wishaw Wycombe Sunday team). A decent enough young team but Harvester will probably have too much experience for them.

13 minutes ago, Brad Bobley said:

Think we’re all pretty much in agreement troops.
Likely they’ll take a leaf out of Castlemilk’s book for next season, I imagine.

Sure one of the boys who runs the Gow has an account on here and can give us their take on it.

In other news, Harvester playing Wishaw United (largely comprised of all the young lads born 1997-1999 who used to play with the Wishaw Wycombe Sunday team). A decent enough young team but Harvester will probably have too much experience for them.

Yeah i seen that there playing each other on friday night aswell anything can happen in these games ive heard good things about this wishaw team so who knows they could surprise alot of people Harvester will be favourites but means nothing really in these games that will be a good game to watch between two good sides

Yes, we have found it testing this season on a Sunday. It was always our intention to use our Sunday team this year to bring on players who maybe packed the game in, short of game time, fitness, young players. In fairness we have managed to do this. We would admit it would be a lot easier with someone running and focusing solely on our Sunday team. The committee have struggled to sort this one out. Our Saturday coaches are splitting this task between them rotating managing games on a Sunday.

Our Saturday team is the coaches focus, and everything is totally geared to that. This team is full of young local guys who reached a Sunday Scottish Cup final. So far some have played in the Scottish, some have not. If they manage to get past Drum Friday I'm sure more will.

I know the lads from The Gow, juggling Saturday and Sunday well at the moment.

I feel the big trophies will still be a priority for Daryl and Connor on a Sunday and i fully expect them to go very deep in both. I wish them all the best as good bunch a lads!

Watched the harvester game and what a game it was aswell wishaw were a very good young team and organised well Harvesters first goal was a screamer from the no7 and the equaliser was also a screamer Harvey nicking at the end and in my view a deserved win for them but take nothing away from wishaw great footballing side. Well worth battling the cold to sit and watch this 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2019 at 09:49, gibbymclean said:

Very unlucky wishaw 1 of the best young sides aye have watched in years just short of 2 or 3 experienced players

Cuttla young Clyde Community players (21s) in the team - notably Aaron McNeill. He scored the free kick on the night and recently doing the rounds on twitter for scoring an absolute worldy for the first team in their Glasgow cup tie v Queens park.
Put  a nice wee run together in the league to take them to 2nd in the Championship.

• 5 weeks later...