Crying

Most recently I had something in my eye when the wummin doing the 20 week pregnancy scan on my wife told us it is a wee girl.

Are they allowed to tell people the sex again? Ten years ago there was a whole game of charades involved for thickos who can't see penises on ultrasound monitors :1eye

They had stern signs up about how the gender of the child would not be conveyed too. Did someone seriously sue the NHS because they were expecting a girl and got a boy, or something? :huh:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they allowed to tell people the sex again? Ten years ago there was a whole game of charades involved for thickos who can't see penises on ultrasound monitors :1eye

They had stern signs up about how the gender of the child would not be conveyed too. Did someone seriously sue the NHS because they were expecting a girl and got a boy, or something? :huh:

It's down to the individual trust, rather than a blanket NHS policy.

I had a wee bit of a cry recently when I had to call someone and tell them their father had passed away. First time I've ever had to make that call and it was always going to be a rough moment but it just so happened to be on the same day as her mother's funeral.

It's down to the individual trust, rather than a blanket NHS policy.

I had a wee bit of a cry recently when I had to call someone and tell them their father had passed away. First time I've ever had to make that call and it was always going to be a rough moment but it just so happened to be on the same day as her mother's funeral.

Better to get it all over with. My grand parents died on the same day which was both sad and convenient. I should add there was no Slipper P business going on.

Not quite the same but this Sunday, Mothers Day is the first anniversary of my Dads death.

For ironic shiteness that would be hard to beat.

No doubt despite trying to keep her mind elsewhere there will be some damp eyes

Last time I remember greeting apart from at funerals and deaths was in the Co-op in Kincardine about 10 years ago. Some old guy, who looked around 90 and incredibly fragile, was very very slowly doing his shopping and struggling with just about every minor obstacle and inconvenience we encounter daily. Held it in till the motor then blubbed like a bairn.

Incidentally, why is it that after a heavy night on the sauce, something as inconsequential as a toothpaste advert can make you feel all emotional?

Better to get it all over with. My grand parents died on the same day which was both sad and convenient. I should add there was no Slipper P business going on.

It's really common for spouses to go around the same time, apparently. I don't mean in accidents and stuff, obviously.

I know. But surely it should happen during the boozing rather than when most of it's out the system?

Nah no way - the next day after a heavy session i am the same. I think not sleeping well will add up to it but its over all just a feeling of weakness which is going to make your brain go all over the place. Puts me off drinking heavily anyway!

Last time I remember greeting apart from at funerals and deaths was in the Co-op in Kincardine about 10 years ago. Some old guy, who looked around 90 and incredibly fragile, was very very slowly doing his shopping and struggling with just about every minor obstacle and inconvenience we encounter daily. Held it in till the motor then blubbed like a bairn.

Incidentally, why is it that after a heavy night on the sauce, something as inconsequential as a toothpaste advert can make you feel all emotional?

Of course, you could have helped him instead of being a big greeting shitebag.

Do you have a mother, Throbber?

I always though you were a robot.

Robot? I suspected he was an alien. There are loads of aliens in the Civil Service. Even if they are social misfits and/or completely incompetent they don't stand out. Perfect place for them to go unnoticed.

I mind years ago lying with a massive hangover and a comedown after a night out that an advert for re-homing abandoned dogs had me sobbing uncontrollably for about 15 minutes.

Archived