Stranraer v Forfar 05.03.16

Never mind that. Young and Hodge??!!

GB a clueless fud. No surprises that hardly any chances created. Central midfielders on the wing. The only one who played well and made chances on Tuesday dropped to the bench. Completely Dispiriting.

Bit harsh calling the guy a fud. Probably trying his best. Injuries and suspensions making life difficult today. Wasn't there so no idea how game went.

I stand by that description. "Trying his best" is a very low bar clearly.

A very poor game and one that Stranraer deserved to win due to the possession they had , Forfar looked to be playing for a draw from the start and played very deep making it difficult for Stranraer . We were poor and even with some players missing others just didn't perform. Decent goal but I can only remember the Forfar keeper making one save when he tipped a long range effort over the bar.

In the closing stages Forfar had two clear chances to score but failing to hit the target both times. Delighted with the 3 points but we played like 11 individuals and it must have been difficult to pick a MOM.

The young Dutch lad started his first game but didn't look up to much , he is quite small and got brushed off the ball too easily , I was surprised to see him re-appear for the second half but only lasted 5 mins before he was subbed, young Kemp was a different case I thought he looked very sharp and I would like to see him get more game time , he looked full of energy and has a good turn of pace and a nice touch on the ball he deserves a run in the team .

Pretty boring game but a good 3 points given player availability. Apart from the goal Stranraer created very little but Forfar were equally as poor if not more so. If anyone deserved to win it was Stranraer because we spent more time on the front foot. Two of last season's good teams have really went downhill a lot. Nonetheless our league position now looks respectable and that's something we ought to be thankful for. Hard to see Forfar getting out of the bottom 2 although in all fairness they should have scored at the death and headed home with a point.

Apart from last week against a quality team for this level we have defended a lot better recently. Wasn't the same spark in midfield today but everyone can have off days. Up top we offered very little threat and the Dutch boy was poor despite one or two decent touches prior to being subbed. Robertson deserved MOM for a good solid display back in defence and Pettigrew and Dick must have run him close for that accolade.

With Albion Rovers losing a late goal we can still harbour hopes of the play offs now relegation is no longer a concern.

So disappointing not to come back with a point. We really aren't keeping the ball well enough though. Stranraer applied pressure (like Brechin midweek) and we seem incapable of moving the ball to another Forfar player.

Hill had one save of note and we spurned 3 great chances late on.

Poor fare, no lack of effort but our quality needs to improve.

Archived