Elgin v East Fife

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard it was an excellent game with both sides playing very well. Really good crowd as well which is encouraging.

Always enjoyed going to Borough Briggs whatever the circumstances, gutted I wasn't there today.

Heard it was an excellent game with both sides playing very well. Really good crowd as well which is encouraging.

Always enjoyed going to Borough Briggs whatever the circumstances, gutted I wasn't there today.

Er, no. Crowd was 977 which was indeed good.

Pity Elgin players forgot to come along too! Very sloppy, slow, poor performance. We are so much better than that..we just need to show it.

Fair play to Fife, certainly deserved the points today.

Disappointed, but have to say East Fife were the better team. At 1-2 Easton missed a sitter from 6 yards having done all the hard stuff. Big moment in the game imo. Austins two goals were well taken, but thought your man of the match was the manager. Great crowd of just sort of 1000, just a shame we couldn't keep the unbeaten home record.

Very tight league and 4th is not guaranteed. Tuesday's game against Stirling Albion now huge.

We were really unlucky. The game would've been completely different if we hadn't missed that open goal, or hit the bar in the second half. East fife probably deserved the points, though.

Onwards to Tuesday.

Woo and hoo!! I felt we needed to win that game to give ourselves a realistic chance of winning the league. That's a big 3 points at fortress Borough Briggs.

Other results have gone our way today too. Still plenty twists to come though.

that is some result for east fife

thought Elgin would win but to go up to Elgin and win is a top result the league is nuts the favourites for the league changes every week

Hoping Elgin continue their good home form for this match against the Fifers. We play them on Tuesday night and will be looking to get something from this game.

Prediction another Elgin home win, followed by a shock defeat to the Albion on Tuesday night do for me !

That's the first part of your prediction up in smoke I hope your Stirling Albion hatchet men make part 2 of your prediction correct.

Piss performance from us hardly made a decent tackle and never got stuck in properly didnt help with some poor referee decisions but end of the day east fife seemed more hungry than us hopefully where switched on for tuesday

That's the first part of your prediction up in smoke I hope your Stirling Albion hatchet men make part 2 of your prediction correct.

On our performance today, expect Elgin City to go top on Tuesday night. Sorry to disappoint.

Ill keep my fingers crossed the Albion keep 11 men on the park and can at least grind out a draw.

Thanks for your support, but I don't think we will do you a favour and get even a draw with Elgin imo. We were that bad today that even a draw would be considered an achievement.

Not long home. I thought we were superb and didn't give Elgin a second on the ball. Work rate was phenomenal. Thought Elgin playing a high defensive line was very naive against Fash and he punished them twice. Eastons miss was a big moment but I thought it was a very comfortable win in the end. An Elgin fan on the way out thought we were the best team he'd seen this year which was nice to hear. Onwards and upwards and nice to be top again, albeit for 3 days!!

Great result for us today at Elgin, well worth the journey. For as much as Elgin were not their usual selves they kept my nerves jangling until the final whistle, ref wasn't the best and gave poor decisions against both teams anlong with a linesman who seemed to only have turned up to get paid as I dont think he made more than 2 decisions the whole game. Elgin fans were great considering the result so fair play to them for creating a good atmosphere. Roll on next week and hopefully another 3 points against Annan.

For those that got the supporters bus congrats on making it home in one piece, I think the driver must of been on a promise lmao!!

I'm still shaking, I kissed the ground when we got off lol.

Great 3 points and agree with earlier comment about playing a high defensive line against Fash gifted him goals.

One of the team playing at BB will win the league, they are the only 2 teams that want to play football in this league.

Archived