broadcasters

BT Sport next Tuesday are screening live,Hull v Arsenal in the Fa cup replay,at the same time as Uefa champions league games,surely that's not allowed by Uefa,Hull game is a 7pm KO,UCL games 745

Replays are allowed to be shown on the same night as Champions League games. The original ties are not.

Re-arranged games are - not replays (as far as I understand it). So postponed games can be screened..

Re-arranged games are - not replays (as far as I understand it). So postponed games can be screened..

Ah that's it. They discussed it on the radio the other week and I knew it was something like that.

Hull v Arsenal is a replay,as were the 2 Scottish cup ties

But they got explicit permission for the English game - that's why I asked if permission had even been sought for the cup replays here.

Nothing can be scheduled - i.e. from start - for CL/EL nights.

Rearranged games (inc. replays) can be rescheduled onto CL/EL nights.

Nothing can be televised on CL/EL nights, eve rearranged games (inc. replays)...

... but FA asked and UEFA say Hull-Arsenal can.

Hull/Arsenal is allowed to be shown live because UEFA know no-one will watch it.

However, Scottish football would take viewers from all across Europe away from the champions league, and UEFA were worried about going up against it.

On a serious note I think BT Sport can show it because they're also the Champions League broadcast partners. Sky couldn't show a live game that night, and it's Sky who have the Scottish Cup rights, so no permission would have been given.

Nothing can be scheduled - i.e. from start - for CL/EL nights.

Rearranged games (inc. replays) can be rescheduled onto CL/EL nights.

Nothing can be televised on CL/EL nights, eve rearranged games (inc. replays)...

... but FA asked and UEFA say Hull-Arsenal can.

Is it the FA or the channel and is it only domestically that they can't be shown? As Sporting v Barcelona was on SkySports on a CL night.

Is it the FA or the channel and is it only domestically that they can't be shown? As Sporting v Barcelona was on SkySports on a CL night.

Can you not get away with a game on a Champions League night if it finishes before the Champions League games kick off?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/spl-announce-6pm-kick-offs-and-hand-1098420#qk2vz6H3y1u7IXVl.97

Archived