Offensive Behaviour at Football Act

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1456849608.407161.jpg

Now the SNP's Mhairi Black MSP wore a 'Free Palestine' t-shirt in Holyrood (can't find the pic). No problem there....do it at the football though and this is the reaction from Police. The SNP can show support for Palestine and it's no problem....do it at the football though...

Kenny McAskill wants to honour one of the leaders of the Irish Easter 1916 uprising...Edinburgh man, James Connolly. Sing his praises inside a football ground though and you can end up with a conviction.

These are just a couple of basic stories examples. There are loads more. I'm sure if you contact FAC they will provide you with even more which will have you shaking your head.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1456849879.226298.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1456849892.744069.jpg

Can you provide a link to a story showing this guy being charged and convicted for wearing that t-shirt?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you're saying you didn't see anything then? I just took it from your assured tone you had some kind of eye witness testimony to back up your nonsense. Clearly not.

Why do you have to be there to have seen worse?

Are you then saying you were at the Celtic v Rangers game then. Same argument!

No, Aberdeen v Rangers and Celtic v Rangers are different arguments.

Of course not, the whole nation saw the shame game hence the act. Just wondering what it is you are referring to?

BTW, you may or may not have realised this but there is a common denominator here which doesn't really back up your pish, but it does back up mine.

Of course not, the whole nation saw the shame game hence the act. Just wondering what it is you are referring to?

BTW, you may or may not have realised this but there is a common denominator here which doesn't really back up your pish, but it does back up mine.

The whole nation watched your shame game. You know the one where your hard casuals ran out onto the track to attack that Rangers supporting pensioner!

Oh and that shame game you speak about with Handbags in the technical area is a bit rich since your old manager, auld Grampa Broon went and assaulted the Motherwell chairman...ha-ha.

Couldn't give you a red neck with a blow torch. Is hypocrisy your middle name?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1456849608.407161.jpg

Now the SNP's Mhairi Black MSP wore a 'Free Palestine' t-shirt in Holyrood (can't find the pic). No problem there....do it at the football though and this is the reaction from Police. The SNP can show support for Palestine and it's no problem....do it at the football though...

Kenny McAskill wants to honour one of the leaders of the Irish Easter 1916 uprising...Edinburgh man, James Connolly. Sing his praises inside a football ground though and you can end up with a conviction.

These are just a couple of basic stories examples. There are loads more. I'm sure if you contact FAC they will provide you with even more which will have you shaking your head.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1456849879.226298.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1456849892.744069.jpg

Ah. What you've done there is shown a picture entirely devoid of context (was he arrested? Charged? Was it because of the T-shirt or was he being shouted at for some other reason?) plus an entirely hypothetical situation re James Connolly.

If someone was arrested, charged and convicted merely for shouting James Connolly's name, obviously that is abhorrent.

But you are going to have to provide me with something a bit more solid. Sorry.

ETA: Oops, it appears Sherriff John Bunnell beat me to it...

The whole nation watched your shame game. You know the one where your hard casuals ran out onto the track to attack that Rangers supporting pensioner!

Oh and that shame game you speak about with Handbags in the technical area is a bit rich since your old manager, auld Grampa Broon went and assaulted the Motherwell chairman...ha-ha.

Couldn't give you a red neck with a blow torch. Is hypocrisy your middle name?

So you're saying the one isolated incident that you can recall as well as a minor disagreement between Mr Brown and the Motherwell chairman is worse than anything you've seen, heard or seen reported at an OF game. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Gid yin.

So you're saying the one isolated incident that you can recall as well as a minor disagreement between Mr Brown and the Motherwell chairman is worse than anything you've seen, heard or seen reported at an OF game. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Gid yin.

One isolated incident? Your fans smashed up the seats at Celtic Park. They came out the subway at Ibrox and attacked Rangers fans. They were involved in fighting in Madrid and Gronigen. They have threw missiles at opposition players (happened against Celtic at Pittodrie). Your fans had a go at Strachan up there too and needed stewards to get involved.

You are living in a different planet!

Ah. What you've done there is shown a picture entirely devoid of context (was he arrested? Charged? Was it because of the T-shirt or was he being shouted at for some other reason?) plus an entirely hypothetical situation re James Connolly.

If someone was arrested, charged and convicted merely for shouting James Connolly's name, obviously that is abhorrent.

But you are going to have to provide me with something a bit more solid. Sorry.

ETA: Oops, it appears Sherriff John Bunnell beat me to it...

Like I said mate, ask the FAC who can give you lots of stories to turn your head. I don't have the time to go digging up proof & it seems everything you say on here now meets with someone requiring proof.

One isolated incident? Your fans smashed up the seats at Celtic Park. They came out the subway at Ibrox and attacked Rangers fans. They were involved in fighting in Madrid and Gronigen. They have threw missiles at opposition players (happened against Celtic at Pittodrie). Your fans had a go at Strachan up there too and needed stewards to get involved.

You are living in a different planet!

On all these occasions we were just defending ourselves from plain clothes policemen on horseback dressed as chelsea fans.

Like I said mate, ask the FAC who can give you lots of stories to turn your head. I don't have the time to go digging up proof & it seems everything you say on here now meets with someone requiring proof.

You've had time to post 59 times in the last 24 hrs/today, why not use some of it a bit more productively and find this "proof"?

So it would seem that 2 people (one going to a football match and one going somewhere else) sitting together on a train or bus, could say or do something exactly the same but only the football fan would be apprehended? Is that what the Act says?

It wouldn't be a problem digging up proof if you had any. Anyway, you're the one that made the assertion which you now seem unwilling or unable to support with actual, you know, evidence.

The brutal truth is that if Celtic and Rangers fans had a bit of self-policing over the years, if the clubs in question hadn't played laughable lip-service to tackling sectarianism and if police in stadia had treated them in line with other fans - this flawed act simply wouldn't exist.

'Bad behaviour' has been in decline in football for decades and, by 2012, football was very safe and abuse-free (largely). There may have been the vestiges of a singing problem but that is/was trivial and is/was an implementation issue rather than an issue of law.

But if this law wasn't there you could still be arrested under current legislation, if a policeman deemed it was liable to lead to a breach of the peace, or however the "catch all" is worded.

'Breach' still needs to show there was a peace issue for a successful prosecution. This act simply needs someone to say that a 'reasonable person' could think something offensive whether any 'reasonable person' witnessed said offense or not.

It's like doing someone for assault for shadow boxing

Archived