Greatest sight you have seen personally.

Mortar Bored

Whilst maybe doesn't compare to some of the stuff on here. Sitting drinking beer in a natural hot spring in Iceland was pretty cool. Never really got dark and we were in the middle of nowhere and could see miles. That and he fact it never really got dark!

Never forget that one, certainly would want to do it again.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riding a cable car in the French alps, particularly amazing when the weather rolls in and you can see it coming from miles away. Pretty scary too when you're at the top of a mountain and visibility drops to about 20ft in a matter of seconds!!

Really does put our wee hills into perspective.

Seeing a grizzly & her two cubs in the wild in BC.

Kakawa lake, also in BC

Travelling down a tributary of the Congo by small boat and running out of fuel, drifting round a corner to find a small riverbank village where they still hollowed out tree-trunks to make canoes. We were stranded there until one of the villagers trudged to the next village for diesel & we were invited into a shack, where we were served cold beers. The sight of those beers was so sweet!

Some of the scenery on the Trans-Siberian express in winter is awesome.

Montrose Steeple

The best has to be being on an FRC in Gabon as a pod? of southern right whales breached right beside our boat, truly amazing, they stayed for around 20mins and just seemed to be putting a show on for us...

My boy coming into the world safe after an hour of panic and not knowing what the **** was going on. Child birth is not like it is in the movies.

I am going to gather you were in similar boat to me when my son was born - emergency c sec ?

nothing better than a room filling with nurses and doctors and your partner being wheeled away with not a word said.

It's a choice between watching a calf being born on the road between Aberfeldy and Kinloch Rannoch, Killie beating Celtic or watching my friend try and pretend to be Irish to pull on nights out. All spectacular in their own right.

sitting in a dug out canoe in the middle off a lake in Venezuela watching 3 separate thunder storms out in the Caribbean was pretty impressive, which was followed up the next day by flying vertically down Angel Falls in a tiny plane which was pretty spectacular.

Archived