The best away day Pie you have had?

Classic Bridie at forfar

Dear God no.

Same with Forfars famous bridies, I'd rather have a Stephens.

This man kens, one of the most disappointed I've ever been at the football is having a Forfar bridie, everyone banging on about one and I got halfway through one and realised it was absolutely howling.

Pies can be really hit and miss,prefer steak pies, I'm sure Partick done a Haggis one?that was outstanding. Worse by a country mile was one I bought at Starks,

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear God no.

This man kens, one of the most disappointed I've ever been at the football is having a Forfar bridie, everyone banging on about one and I got halfway through one and realised it was absolutely howling.

Pies can be really hit and miss,prefer steak pies, I'm sure Partick done a Haggis one?that was outstanding. Worse by a country mile was one I bought at Starks,

Exactly same experience for me at Forfar! Was starving so I bought two, got halfway through the first one then binned it and it's partner! Very disappointing.

Dear God no.

Totally agree. Can't stand birdies either. Much prefer their pies.

In years gone by, the Killie pie has been my favourite, but Arbroath's are also excellent.

I'm giving a big shout however to Brechin's soup. Dirt cheap and absolutely glorious. Worth the trip to the Glebe for that alone.

Forfar's bridies in the ground aren't as good as those from the other bakery outside of Station Park. 

Agree with the shout for Brechin's soup - best soup by far.

Also have discovered the bakery on the other side of the crossroads on the way to Station Park is by far superior to those in the ground that feature just a smear of filling. They told us they supply Forfar's directors box with pies leaving their local bridie rivals the contract for the fans - not enough money in it hence the poor quality on offer.

Ours is a joke. They did away with the 2 snack bars in the mainstand. Turned them into hospitality boxes. Now they make 400home and away fans stand in the p!ssin rain at a van where the service is ridiculously slow. They only open the wee snack bars at either side of the cooshed when ayr or dunfermline visit. I think it was open for the 50 Airdrieonians fans on Saturday as there was segregation. I only get cheeseburger and there OK. I've heard mixed reports about the other food from the vans.. I did sample airdries bricks this season. Awful.

First of all they have to be warm to eat and drink so here's my list

Bridies (Steak) - Dunfermline

Pies (Steak & Black Pudding) - Arbroath

Soup (Chicken & Rice) - Elgin

for best combo at same ground;

Soup & Pie -  Stenhousemuir / East Stirling

Notable other entries should also go to;

Pies - East Fife / St. Mirren / Forfar

Hot Dogs - Albion Rovers

pre match Bar Food;

Stovies - Peterhead / Dunfermline

Best pie I had this season was at East Fife for the Fife Cup game.

As mentioned Forfar's bridies are over rated a Stephens one is much better although you can get one out of their shop for half the price you do at EEP!

Brechin and Stenny soup both excellent.

Catering at CP is a bit meh tbh.

Soup at Stenny is best in the land. Best thing about lower leagues is real grub not like the cardboard crap at Ibrox park head et al.

Biggest rip off is Queens Park , need a mortgage for 3 shite pies

Having been everywhere apart from Peterhead, best pie of the season has been at Albion Rovers, followed by the one at Ayr. As per previous post, Cowdenbeath don't appear to sell pies.

The bakery that does the rovers pies won the prestigious best scotch pie in the world award a few years ago, it was featured in some Paul Hollywood program at the time

Good pies at Albion Rovers and Brechin (and excellent fish and chips at the Ashfield). Poor at Forfar and disgusting at Cowdenbeath. Most amusing pie experience was at Airdrie. Literally first in the queue when shop opened. Asked for a steak pie, only to be told that they had sold out 😀

I was behind you and he misheard you saying "a bit steak pie" as being "a bit parky" to which his response was "aye, it's cold out". He was flummoxed why you seemed to take the huff and asked for a mince pie.

I pointed out to him what had happened as I ordered four lovely steak and gravy pies. Oh how we laughed about what had just happened....

Archived