The best away day Pie you have had?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forfar pies are good (Saddlers, which I prefer to McLarens anyway).

Was disappointed with the Arbroath steak and black pudding pie, having heard great things about it, and didn't even finish it.

Soup at Brechin is excellent.

Wish more clubs had macaroni pies.

Negative experiences first:

You can never get a pie at Cowdenbeath and have to use that van which serves up fairground/east end of Glasgow type cuisine - the smell puts you off going to the van.

Forfar's pies are nice, but usually stone cold so the fat in the middle hasn't melted.

Gretna's and Berwick's hot food used to verge on the criminal!

Bridies and Soup aren't football fare although I do visit McLaren's in Forfar for a Bridie to take home.

Much prefer a Scotch Pie, but will argue against myself and say that Hibs' Steak Pies are brilliant.

Oh and Dumbarton used to have the best pies, but haven't been there for about 6 years!

Edited to add a pie memory - when we were losing convincingly at East Fife in a playoff semi final first leg at New Bayview one of our fans lobbed a pie at Gerry Britton at half time and - from memory - it slithered down his face!

Edited to add a pie memory - when we were losing convincingly at East Fife in a playoff semi final first leg at New Bayview one of our fans lobbed a pie at Gerry Britton at half time and - from memory - it slithered down his face!

Lucky it wasn't one of our burnt numbers or it would have knocked him clean out

In this division:

1. Stenny

2. Brechin

3. Forfar

4. Ayr.

5. Dunfermline

6. Peterhead

7. Cowdenbeath

8. Albion Rovers - not been

9. Airdrie

10. Qued for 20 minutes turns out they ran out 10 minutes into the game

Used to work in Forfar's Canmore Works years ago and often had a bridie at lunchtime. Maclarens or Sadlers. One was good but one was loupin (full of tubes etc) and I can't remember which was which. I'm afraid it put me off Bridies for life. And then I discovered Cameron's Steak Bridies.........lovely

• 5 weeks later...

That would have matched his greasy unwashed hair .  Mercenary money grabbing weegie .

One of the many disastrous decisions Pink Campbell made in his time mis-managing Brechin. 

Good pies at Albion Rovers and Brechin (and excellent fish and chips at the Ashfield). Poor at Forfar and disgusting at Cowdenbeath. Most amusing pie experience was at Airdrie. Literally first in the queue when shop opened. Asked for a steak pie, only to be told that they had sold out 😀

Good pies at Albion Rovers and Brechin (and excellent fish and chips at the Ashvale). Poor at Forfar and disgusting at Cowdenbeath. Most amusing pie experience was at Airdrie. Literally first in the queue when shop opened. Asked for a steak pie, only to be told that they had sold out 😀

Fixed it for you;)

Archived