The best away day Pie you have had?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forfar pies are fantastic.

Stenny quite good (as is the soup).

Pars bridies problem with ever reducing filling

Tried the soup at Stenny on Saturday and didn't see what all the fuss was about. Same with Forfars famous bridies, I'd rather have a Stephens.

The hot-dogs at Easter Road are pretty good.

So everyone loves a pie, so i wondered who has the best pie you have tasted whilst at an away game?

Try to keep away from your own club... as you may be considered biased!

How would you vote for your own club as an away game? Stenny fans love the pies at East Stirlingshire nowadays???

Yup. Quite possibly the most disappoint experience of my life was trying one for the first time.

Saddler's are mediocre at best tbh. That and a wee cup for bovril, tea, coffee etc, and it's not a great offering. Pies are good though.

For me Alloa's pies are top notch, only good thing about the away day last season.

In years gone by, the Killie pie has been my favourite, but Arbroath's are also excellent.

I'm giving a big shout however to Brechin's soup. Dirt cheap and absolutely glorious. Worth the trip to the Glebe for that alone.

Forfar's bridies in the ground aren't as good as those from the other bakery outside of Station Park.

In years gone by, the Killie pie has been my favourite, but Arbroath's are also excellent.

I'm giving a big shout however to Brechin's soup. Dirt cheap and absolutely glorious. Worth the trip to the Glebe for that alone.

Forfar's bridies in the ground aren't as good as those from the other bakery outside of Station Park.

Correct.McLarens from outside the ground are the ones you want.

Correct.McLarens from outside the ground are the ones you want.

McLarens and Saddlers are both pretty shite IMO. Worked in Forfar for 3 year and if I had to go out at dinner it was always to the Wee Bake Shop or the Cafe beside the bus stop.

Never understood folk wanting to eat/drink soup at the football.

It's not something I would usually do but we got a batch of soup free for the bus from Ochilview after a game years ago and it was superb, always get soup when I go there now.

Archived