Clyde V Shire

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So poor. Only one team looked like winning it from start to finish.

Shire played well and fully deserved to win.

Agreed shire played well. Defended for their lives and No 7 (Orr I think) looked the part though we missed at least three very good chances through Slane and Marsh hitting post 1st half and cpl of in 2nd half(One cleared off line and strong pen shout)

Wasnt our night and felt we might struggle with No Gormley,Gemmell & Wee fergie and Chuckie out long term but on clear chances felt we maybe deserved a draw..

Sort o glad im working all day Sat now & Hoping Slane kick out at dug out/BF sending him insude wont be the end of his deal as we look short of goals again..

Foreva n eva

Deep joy.

I seem to recall your lot losing 3-0 to that mob. Glad to see you're still obsessed with the Clyde, however.

Piss poor from us tonight - but we still could have scored a few goals. We didn't get the proverbial rub of the green, but performed so poorly that we didn't deserve more than a point overall. Gemmell and Gormley were massive misses tonight. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, but I thought Scott McLaughlin was dreadful this evening and I'd like to see him (although he seems undroppable) benched to see how we are without him.

Given how we've played over the last week and a half, I'm happy with 9 points from 12. If we want to maintain any sort of title hopes, then Saturday's game is a bit of a must-win.

Two shite teams playing hoof ball. Was very little football played tonight. Didn't see the shire goal but Waters made a couple of great saves in the first half. Dint know how we didn't score with one of several shots being cleared off the line. The shire were throwing bodies all over the place to block those shots but did get the rub of the green with deflections.

Would have brought Andrews on earlier as at least he caused a bit of panic in the shire defence. It was fairly obvious in the second half we were never going to break them down or pass it round them.

Very proud of my team tonight. Defended very well against a strong clyde aerial threat. Shouldn't be forgotten that Clyde had to clear the ball of the line twice, while their keeper pulled of an outstanding 1st half save from mcabes rasper.

Hopefully if we keep playing like this, it will be enough to keep us up.

I seem to recall your lot losing 3-0 to that mob. Glad to see you're still obsessed with the Clyde, however.

Piss poor from us tonight - but we still could have scored a few goals. We didn't get the proverbial rub of the green, but performed so poorly that we didn't deserve more than a point overall. Gemmell and Gormley were massive misses tonight. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, but I thought Scott McLaughlin was dreadful this evening and I'd like to see him (although he seems undroppable) benched to see how we are without him.

Given how we've played over the last week and a half, I'm happy with 9 points from 12. If we want to maintain any sort of title hopes, then Saturday's game is a bit of a must-win.

Aye, I feel your pain.

Terrible game but in saying that we still had chances to win the game. 3 wins on the bounce & then lose at home to bottom of the league, it's the Clyde way after all! If a team scores early & then sits deep & defends they will beat us, we don't have the quality to change a game. Our plan b is just a long hoof which was highlighted when Marvin Andrews went up front. Team tonight you couldn't point one out as being capable of turning the game & getting themselves on the score sheet. Frustrating night all round. Ah well, back to winning ways on Saturday hopefully!

Incredibly proud of the players tonight, put their bodies on the line time and time again to prevent almost certain goals in some cases. This result definitely gives me hope for the rest of the season and if we keep that level of performance up then I'm certain we'll stay up.

Awful tonight, so flat from start to finish. As ever very little creativity, but unusually for us we were well off the pace in terms of work rate.

Marsh wide right, really come on, what is that supposed to achieve.? Thought Millen was poor and Durie was just Durie...pish!

Despite being so poor still had some chances but no one capable of finishing. Higgins must be the disappointment of this or many a year. Two decent games since he came and tonight back to usual...contributed nothing again.

Disappointing to say the least, what more can be said, just have to start a mini run again...fingers crossed!

Awful tonight, so flat from start to finish. As ever very little creativity, but unusually for us we were well off the pace in terms of work rate.

Marsh wide right, really come on, what is that supposed to achieve.? Thought Millen was poor and Durie was just Durie...pish!

Despite being so poor still had some chances but no one capable of finishing. Higgins must be the disappointment of this or many a year. Two decent games since he came and tonight back to usual...contributed nothing again.

Disappointing to say the least, what more can be said, just have to start a mini run again...fingers crossed!

Think your being harsh on Higgins

He played well first hr. Tired thereafter

Archived