BFTD

Just noticed that someone's making a game based on Kevin Smith's View Askewniverse, with the involvement of Jay & Bob themselves, and maybe some other guests. Looks like a scrolling fighter with some other interesting elements, listening to them talk about it on Smith's podcast.

They're looking for $400,000 of crowd funding through Fig, and they got 25% of the way there within three days, so it looks likely that they'll hit it. Game's yours for $18, but there's the usual incentivised tier structure where you can pay more for extras, up to paying $10,000 for a walk-on part in Smith's next film. PC and Mac only for now, folks, and it's due to be released at the start of 2018.

Looks like fun to me; hopefully a damn sight better than Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie :lol:

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/jay-and-silent-bob-chronic-blunt-punch

• 1 month later...

Game's been funded with a couple of days to go, so they're working on stretch goals now. Still 24 hours to go if you want to jump on board the schooner, you sloppy bitches.

Apparently everyone who put money towards the game's development will be entered into a draw to be in Moose Jaws now. Maybe you'll get to play the shark moose if Affleck can't show up   :o

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Did this ever come out? I never mind seeing it
Not yet, but they're still updating regularly. I quite like the look of it.

Hopefully turns out better that Kev's recent films!

• 3 months later...

Saw this get a mention on the latest Jimquisition. Mainly about how amusing it is that Google Stadia has announced that it'll be on their platform, which...I thought the benefit of streaming games was that you wouldn't need expensive hardware? Chronic Blunt Punch looks like it'll run on an entry-level laptop, FFS.

Skip to 15:45 is you don't want to sit through Sexy Thin Jim.