Livi v Morton

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it not pretty much identical to every other stadium of that era? Most of them you need to check the colour of the seats to know where you are...

It's much more enclosed with seats in two of the corners and an office block filling in one other, whereas at St. Mirren or any of the stadiums with less than four sides there's a huge amount of open space between stands which is shite. I'd still hate to have an all-seater stadium, but Livingston's comfortably the least bad at this level.

Speaking of the stadium, a few of us went in for a pint after the cup game in January and noticed all the Livingston memorabilia had been removed from the walls. Have things got that desperate that you had to sell it all off?

Anyway, I'd have liked to see Scullion in for Johnstone tonight but that was already less likely than signing a real holding midfielder and he played 90 minutes for the development squad last night, so I guess we'll just have no forwards coming off the bench under any circumstances.

It's much more enclosed with seats in two of the corners and an office block filling in one other, whereas at St. Mirren or any of the stadiums with less than four sides there's a huge amount of open space between stands which is shite. I'd still hate to have an all-seater stadium, but Livingston's comfortably the least bad at this level.

Speaking of the stadium, a few of us went in for a pint after the cup game in January and noticed all the Livingston memorabilia had been removed from the walls. Have things got that desperate that you had to sell it all off?

Anyway, I'd have liked to see Scullion in for Johnstone tonight but that was already less likely than signing a real holding midfielder and he played 90 minutes for the development squad last night, so I guess we'll just have no forwards coming off the bench under any circumstances.

Why? Johnstone is a far better player than Scullion

Is it not pretty much identical to every other stadium of that era? Most of them you need to check the colour of the seats to know where you are...

It's much more enclosed with seats in two of the corners and an office block filling in one other, whereas at St. Mirren or any of the stadiums with less than four sides there's a huge amount of open space between stands which is shite.

^^^^^. Pretty much this. They seem to have the proportions right, and the fact that three of the corners are filled in means it's easier to generate more atmosphere with a reasonable attendance. Plus there's less likelihood of the game being disrupted by tumbleweed blowing in, like you get at the Methadome.......

Finishing fourth is probably beyond us after Saturday, but if we're to finish fifth we really need to win games like this one. Plus it's maybe a good thing to have a game so soon to get the defence sorted out a bit before the cup game.

Morton to win a tight game.

Being nice and safe away from the bottom lot, no matter the position, is what I'm looking for. Obviously the higher the better, but I'm not fussed.

I hope our eye isn't off the ball with Sunday coming, but even so, we should be winning here. We have a decent record against the teams we should have one against.

EDIT: For the most part.

Can't see Raith picking up anything against The Rangers tonight so a win against Livi will be a big 3 points as it keeps us within touching distance of 4th.

They'll be confident after a good win against Alloa but I think we'll come away with the victory.

If there's one positive from yesterday it's that Barr was rested. He seems to love performing against Livi.

I wonder if Barr will play many more games this season what with him signing for Raith, maybe that's why McMullan was signed.

niketon, on 01 Mar 2016 - 13:48, said:

I wonder if Barr will play many more games this season what with him signing for Raith, maybe that's why McMullan was signed.

He's one of our best players and should be playing every week, PCA or not.

Why? Johnstone is a far better player than Scullion

Johnstone has been inconsistent for months, being dropped might do him some good rather than letting him think he's guaranteed 90 minutes in every single game regardless of how he plays. Scullion is the only other option to partner McManus and hasn't had more than 10 minutes on the pitch since the first day of the season, he's long overdue a chance. If our strikers were playing well then fine, but Johnstone's had about two decent games this year.

It's academic anyway as Scullion's clearly not going to start having played last night, just have to hope Johnstone performs as we're up against one of the bottom three again.

Johnstone has been inconsistent for months, being dropped might do him some good rather than letting him think he's guaranteed 90 minutes in every single game regardless of how he plays. Scullion is the only other option to partner McManus and hasn't had more than 10 minutes on the pitch since the first day of the season, he's long overdue a chance. If our strikers were playing well then fine, but Johnstone's had about two decent games this year.

It's academic anyway as Scullion's clearly not going to start having played last night, just have to hope Johnstone performs as we're up against one of the bottom three again.

The idea of McManus playing off a dwarf target man is frogging daft Einstein. :wub:

Archived