Ayr United vs Cowdenbeath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think you could have scored 2 or 3 goals then you are as deluded as Nish, here's some stats for you from the game-

Ayr possession 59%

Shots 20

Shots on target 10

Cowdenbeath possession 41%

Shots 8

Shots on target 3.

Now away and do the sums, you were outplayed and destroyed in 15 minutes.

Where did i say we weren't outplayed? Just because we're outplayed doesn't mean we didn't create chances (and decent chances) to score. We didn't score as our finishing wasn't good enough. Like I said you don't score every chance you create.

Stats :lol: . They mean f**k all. I guess you got them from the BBC. Go look at the stats from the Stenny Cowden game at the weekend then look at the final score. Tells you all you need to know about stats.

Where did i say we weren't outplayed? Just because we're outplayed doesn't mean we didn't create chances (and decent chances) to score. We didn't score as our finishing wasn't good enough. Like I said you don't score every chance you create.

Stats :lol: . They mean f**k all. I guess you got them from the BBC. Go look at the stats from the Stenny Cowden game at the weekend then look at the final score. Tells you all you need to know about stats.

Apart from Caldwells chance in the first half, you hardly threatened, think there was one shot straight at Fleming that went close.

Cowdenbeath looked like a group of mates having a kick-about last night, none of the players seemed to stick to positions and were always further up the park than they should be, most of our attacks were from passing in to the large chunks of space created when the right back was on his left wing. The bald center half was playing an attacking midfield role for spells.

These things are ok if you have players covering but that didn't seem to happen.

Ayr played some great football, the kind that would get a lot of lapsed supporters back, but they were allowed to by Cowden giving them so much time and space.

Thought everyone did well for Ayr, Gillmour is a much better player with Docherty beside him, Trouten played well, The lad from Rangers (I'm not going to murder the spelling of his name and cant be arsed looking it up) for a 17 year old center half had one of the best individual midfield performances in an Ayr top I have seen, although the Cowden midfield was a shambles, If he performs to even half the level he did last night in other games he'll be some player.

Cowdenbeath looked like a group of mates having a kick-about last night, none of the players seemed to stick to positions and were always further up the park than they should be, most of our attacks were from passing in to the large chunks of space created when the right back was on his left wing. The bald center half was playing an attacking midfield role for spells.

These things are ok if you have players covering but that didn't seem to happen.

At one point they were clearly just making up tactics on the spot to stop getting overrun

There was a point over 6 or 7 mins where they just had four boys just in a straight line up the park in the middle and Brett just playing a free role from right back.

post-21687-0-35671200-1456946246_thumb.p

Someone should send this link to our coaching staff. The Ayr fans have sorted our issues.

Unfortunately they're right. In the second half Pat kept breaking forward. He doesn't have the legs to get back so yould expect one of the centre-mids to cover but they didn't. At one point Deano was playing centre-forward and Spence left midfield after Donaldson moved to wide right. Couldn't tell whether Deano was on the right or the middle in the first half,

It was a shambles form an organisational point of view and makes it look like Nish is throwing darts and hoping one hits. Jimmy tried that last season and look where that got us.

Ayr passed the ball around and we chased it like schoolboys as we had no shape.

If you are a Cowdenbeath supporter, support the club without complain about Nishy all the time. I mean if you have a time to complain, donate some money to club :lol: Then the club may be able to get Andy Murdoch back _ he has scored for QoS against Hibs last night....

I give my time and money to the club. Players of that calibre won't sign for us whilst Nish is in charge. He can't improve them.

Must win game on Saturday with nine games to go.

We all know that the prospect of finishing 4th is deeply diminishing now and extremely unlikely so we just need a good run of results to get out the danger zone and regroup for next seasons challenge with a massive clear out of our existing squad.

Sadly if it's another defeat and another horror show at the back then there has to be huge question marks of our team as a whole.

We all know that the prospect of finishing 4th is deeply diminishing now

You should be on stage coming out with lines like that :lol:

Any hope of 4th was gone a long time ago. The best we can hope for this season is 8th. Time to face facts.

Any team with Scullion, Beaumont, Gibbons and Caldwell in the spine is shite and will lose most games.

Any hope of 4th was gone a long time ago. The best we can hope for this season is 8th. Time to face facts.

Any team with Scullion, Beaumont, Gibbons and Caldwell in the spine is shite and will lose most games.

I would disagree in regards to best we can hope for is 8th as with a good run of results we should be able to climb the table to perhaps 6th place.

Technically it is still possible to finish 4th but laughable at our recent gutless performances.

The defeat of 7 nil at Peterhead for me set the alarm bells ringing.

We've needed a big centre half all season. Another Innes Ritchie must be out there somewhere. I've lost count of the amount of goals we've lost at corners, yet nothing happens.

We've needed a big centre half all season. Another Innes Ritchie must be out there somewhere. I've lost count of the amount of goals we've lost at corners, yet nothing happens.

We had the biggest centre half the leagues ever seen. John Armstrong.

Archived