Queens vs. Hibs Tuesday 1st March

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One shot on target and 2 corners

Great result but the downside is more of the same defensive football now that it is getting us big results

It is not the way that I want to see us set up but we will take that and hope for better football in the run in.

Thank god for Higgy and Dowie

Yes, it would be a stretch to say we deserved it, although Hibs didn't do enough to deserve much either.

Good to see Tapping and Hilson appear, but there are still aspects of what we're seeing that are perplexing.

It was really important we try to get something from this run of tough fixtures to pull us back up on Raith. We've somehow managed it. We now face a few away games though and we'll need to show some enterprise I think.

No played since August, no bond, connection with team mates....it will take him a month to get up to scratch, that's if he has the hunger to do so. If Hibs persevere with him at start, it may derail them......hopefully

Stokes can gtf

My comments from when Stokes signed.....He has had the month to get up to scratch...

Im kinda hoping you win on Sunday, more cup games to fuk the league season.....then again losing is a habit

Another god awful game of fitba, thankfully we managed an effort and a goal. Would start hilson and murdoch at raith huge game. Referee was utter mince hardly any decisions went our way. Hibs look a right mess. Falkirk will dispatch them in the play offs easily at this rate.

My comments from when Stokes signed.....He has had the month to get up to scratch...

Im kinda hoping you win on Sunday, more cup games to fuk the league season.....then again losing is a habit

The Colin McMenamin at Morton effect albeit with no Value For Money Counter.

Not really, no.

I would forget about disgracing Scotland too if I was you. Unlike your pals Celtic who lost in Seville with no trouble. And you let your club die. Even Celtic got Fergus McCann. You boys got John Brown on the steps of Ibrox :lol:

I would forget about disgracing Scotland too if I was you. Unlike your pals Celtic who lost in Seville with no trouble. And you let your club die. Even Celtic got Fergus McCann. You boys got John Brown on the steps of Ibrox :lol:

Absolutely rattled :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony stokes is the best striker in the championship, by quite some distance too.

Anthony stokes and his team mates at the juggernaught known as Hibernian all put a stop to that.

Cummings and Stokes up front.

jj.png

I'm a bit annoyed he wasn't made to see out the rest of his contract tbh. Chin up though gents, we have Stokes up front instead, it's early days of course but him and Cummings should turn out to be an even better partnership.

Yeah. Seem to remember how those of us who questioned the signing of stokes were met with distain by the vast majority of hibees on here.

The best thing they could do tomorrow is return Stokes to Celtic early...

Just back from the game and I agree whole heartedly with this. Stokes was absolutely sh*t, virtually motionless, constantly losing possession when ball played to his feet, constantly taking up shit positions and constantly waving his arms about in a pathetic attempt to deflect attention from his ineptitude.

Hibs were robbed but had themselves to blame really.

Stubbs took Cummings off before Stokes, bringing on Keatings who was anonymous and then Dagnell when he eventually decided to hook Stokes who had the neck to raise his eyebrows and shrug his shoulders towards the bench as he was coming off! Prima Donna...

Puzzled why El Alagui wasn't brought on before Keatings and Dagnell. Thought the changes played into Queens hands and they saw out the game comfortably.

Big Marvin Bartley was immense for Hibs I thought.

I do hope Hibs kick on again, they were a joy to watch until a few weeks back

Watching Queens under Fowler isn't at all pleasurable :(

Obviously this thread is going to turn into a massive Hibs lolfest so I'll keep it brief.

Despite me having claimed otherwise in the past, there is absolutely no denying that we set up tonight to nullify Hibs and try and nick something. I don't have any qualms with that whatsoever, and obviously it worked. Guys like Stokes, Cummings and Henderson should on paper be destroying our very average mob. Whether or not we should be playing a similar style against lesser opponents is a completely different argument, and one that has far more substance, but for tonight I think it was well played by the manager and hats off to him. It's not as if we defended for 90 minutes and pinched something on the break either. It was a well taken goal, much like the recent St Mirren match in fact, where the only bit of quality in the game won it. Neither goalkeeper was worked particularly hard, and had it fizzled out into a nil nil neither set of fans could complain about the result.

Other notable points:

I thought Brownlie had an excellent game, easily the best I have seen from him.

I can fully appreciate why Tapping gets injured all the time, he charges about the pitch flying into challenges like Steve Bowey on a red bull and speed cocktail. Whether that is his normal game, or whether he was fired up as it was his first match back (and also against Hibs) only time will tell. He appeared to be hobbling just before half time, and my heart was in my mouth every time he made a tackle. I doubt our pitch will do him much good either.

Anyway back to the laughing...

Hibs :lol:

Stubbs :lol:

Stokes :lol:

Heads gone.

Just back from the game and I agree whole heartedly with this. Stokes was absolutely sh*t, virtually motionless, constantly losing possession when ball played to his feet, constantly taking up shit positions and constantly waving his arms about in a pathetic attempt to deflect attention from his ineptitude.

Hibs were robbed but had themselves to blame really.

Stubbs took Cummings off before Stokes, bringing on Keatings who was anonymous and then Dagnell when he eventually decided to hook Stokes who had the neck to raise his eyebrows and shrug his shoulders towards the bench as he was coming off! Prima Donna :(

The only reason Stokes went to Hibs was to make it easy for him to continue shagging his bint who works in Edinburgh. He has no interest in what goes on in the football pitch :)

Archived