The Fuddies vs Falkirk

I thought we shaded the first half and had a good shout at a penalty before half time- don't know what the officials saw but the Falkirk defender gave a clear shove in the back as he jumped to win the ball.

Unlucky with disallowed goal, just after half time. Lino was nowhere on it really and went with the shout. Looked close.

Game changed with Hippolyte came off the bench for Taiwo, Falkirk looked more of a threat then and had a good chance off the bar soon after. John Baird tonight looked like the one you see in the Premiership- poor and even more permanently offside than Dennis Wyness.

Officials are so rubbish at this level it's unbelievable. West stand linesman was 5 yards behind the players all night, bleep test required for him. I'd love to know how certain that main stand one was on the whole ball crossing the line in Langfield's arms from that distance!

To be fair it was right in front of me and looked out, but as you say, don't know how a linesman could tell.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans in the west stand are a bit over dramatic!

The last time we were there they went absolutely tonto several times for unbelievably innocuous things

Understandable really, considering they have to live in Paisley and support St Mirren

Houston having a go at st mirren players going down easy pmsl

Does he no watch his own players hippopotamus and millers kris Boyd impressions were great ya wee baldy fud!!

He's fucking vermin hope some c**t leaves poison out for that rat

Dis you see the 1 guy near the end run from his seat to shout at Lee Miller who was lying in a heap on the ground?

What a p***k

Miller most certainly is a p***k, his loud girly like scream when challenged for a high ball was utterly embarrassing.

BTW, on the game being 'entertaining' I don't think any Saints fans thought we were playing good, exciting football.

But two thing made it better than a lot of the dreadful displays we've had to watch over the last few years.

First, we competed with the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league, and could probably have won it if we'd a bit more luck/quality.

Second, the officials made a series of decisions that got the fans going. Everybody, even me, would prefer to have officials always get it right, but at Scottish Championship level, if we're honest, I'm sure we'd all admit that what gets people off their seats more often than silky soccer is a bit of perceived injustice through officials' mistakes.

Absolutely lost it :lol:

Can't stand the guy talks utter mince everygame. Makes billy Reid look like a great guy.

Has ago at other clubs and players and should worry about his own.

Had ago at John mcginn for diving and now our players there is no worse diver In this league than hippopotamus

Bit of a snoozefest tonight from both sides, peppered with only a few talking points. I didn't see the first penalty shout but the one bang on half time definitely could've been given. From our angle it was hard to see if Clarkson was onside or not as well.

The ref was completely baffling. The aforementioned smack from the Falkirk players pass that he intercepted and gave a free kick as a result was the cherry on top of a particularly poor match for him. As for the linesman on the west stand, I've never seen so many lost wee puppy eyes made to the man in the middle as he didn't know which way a lot of throw ins went.

All in all, more slow, steady progress for us. If I'm honest Rae's start has all the hallmarks of Gus McPhersons first half season at the helm when he had to undo John Couglins mess and keep us up before building in the summer.

Bit of a snoozefest tonight from both sides, peppered with only a few talking points. I didn't see the first penalty shout but the one bang on half time definitely could've been given. From our angle it was hard to see if Clarkson was onside or not as well.

The ref was completely baffling. The aforementioned smack from the Falkirk players pass that he intercepted and gave a free kick as a result was the cherry on top of a particularly poor match for him. As for the linesman on the west stand, I've never seen so many lost wee puppy eyes made to the man in the middle as he didn't know which way a lot of throw ins went.

All in all, more slow, steady progress for us. If I'm honest Rae's start has all the hallmarks of Gus McPhersons first half season at the helm when he had to undo John Couglins mess and keep us up before building in the summer.

I don't think the linesman made a decision all match.

Houston having a go at st mirren players going down easy pmsl

Does he no watch his own players hippopotamus and millers kris Boyd impressions were great ya wee baldy fud!!

He's fucking vermin hope some c**t leaves poison out for that rat

You sit in the West Stand, don't you? Probably in the vicinity of the camera platform?

Hope you've not got a sore throat this morning, mate.

Funny to see Clarkson playing tonight. Knocked us back in the Summer as he wanted to play for a team at a higher level and now he's playing for one 26 points below us.

Sooner or later, he's going to score a goal for us, and then who's going to have the last laugh, eh? EH?

In fairness, I think our form has been nigh-on identical to yours since he came into our side. Doesn't affect your point about the gap between us at the moment, which is frankly a bit upsetting, but he's obviously offering us something that we didn't have before.

I was hoping to either equal or better the Hibs result which we managed. St Mirren have been on good form at home recently and have clearly improved since Murray's tenure. This would of felt like 2 points lost rather than 1 gained before the turn of the year, obviously would of loved all 3 but content enough. Hopefully O'Hara gets a chance to start on Saturday now and fire us into 2nd so we can relax on Sunday and watch the Hibs' galacticos go into further, yet expected, meltdown.

Archived