The Fuddies vs Falkirk

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 0-0

Bah, frustrating stuff. Not really good enough for us. Wasn't a bad game for a 0-0 actually, both sides had decent chances.

On the plus side we defended pretty well, young Baird outstanding again. That's only 3 goals conceded in the last 6 games. A huge improvement since the dark days of Murray, if only we had appointed Alex in the summer.

Some bizarre decisions from the ref tonight. Not least where a Falkirk player blasts it off his napper and he gives a free kick to Falkirk :lol: . Also thought that along with our two penalty shouts which were turned down first half Clarkson had a perfectly good goal chopped off for offside just after the break.

I'm sure the Falkirk fans will think they edged it but we really should have nicked that. Clarkson was definitely onside for that disallowed goal and Shankland was unlucky with a couple of chances. The ref was abysmal, he gave a free kick when someone rattled the ball off his noggin point blank. :lol:

Some entertaining stuff from the ref and his assistants at least... How did the linesman give the corner when Langfield (probably didn't) slide the ball out??

Less than 2,000 home fans? My word.

Quite entertaining for a 0-0 I thought. Possibly the poorest we've been all season but still missed a couple of good chances. I was impressed with how high up the pitch St Mirren pressed us, we couldn't get comfortable at all and were resorting to punts. Taiwo and Kerr battle but we miss having someone creative in the middle.

Langfield :lol:

A fairly entertaining 0-0. Surprised it finished that way as both teams had pretty good chances to score.

Best we've looked going forward under Rae which was surprising due to the midfield not being at the races supporting the front two.

Clarksons goal looked onside, but I'd have to see it again to be sure.

A fairly entertaining 0-0. Surprised it finished that way as both teams had pretty good chances to score.

Best we've looked going forward under Rae which was surprising due to the midfield not being at the races supporting the front two.

Clarksons goal looked onside, but I'd have to see it again to be sure.

How the mighty have fallen.

It wasn't entertaining, it was one team lumping the ball up the park constantly and another battering it back, albeit it's not like us.

If that's the best you've looked up front, god help you.

Better point for us & gives us a chance to go 2nd on Saturday versus Alloa.

Quite satisfied in the end up with that result, especially with our performance and Hibs result. We never seemed to get going in that game and it was stop start at times. However, again we showed a resilience and a desire not to get beat

Much improve Saints side from earlier in the season and they will pick up points in run in. Some baffling decisions from the referee for both teams

Some entertaining stuff from the ref and his assistants at least... How did the linesman give the corner when Langfield (probably didn't) slide the ball out??

The lino was yards behind and nowhere near the line and still gave it out.....bizarre.

Lucky to get a point really after that first half although we were much improved second and should have scored.

Far too predictable looking to hit Miller every time and he was marked out the game almost instantly. As good as he's been this season there's too much temptation to play the easy pass to him. Much better team when we actually use the midfield as shown in the second half, Sibbald brilliant yet again.

Take the point and look to move second at the weekend.

Quite enjoyed the game tonight and probably should have won the game. We definitely created more clear cut chances than Falkirk and Clarkston's goal was very unlucky to be chopped off.

I thought Jack Baird was outstanding tonight, he's came on leaps and bounds since Alex Rae has came in. In fact the defence as a whole, look a lot better.

The effort and the chances were there tonight, hopefully we can add the finishing touch and prepare for a playoff place next season.

Its all about the Hibs result tonite, laughable that St Mirren fans thought the game was entertaining....

pre game, I thot take a point, hope Hibs draw also, so its another point closer. We were 8 pts behind Hibs 10days ago, its now 1

Id have pissed myself if Langfield had've fuked up with his wee dribble......

Not a bad point in a tricky away game. That could be absolutely key in the battle for second place.

We need 6/6 from our next two, then anything against Sevco is a bonus. We should be at least 5 points clear of Edinburgh Celtic before they next play a league game.

We were clearly the better team, but you have to put away those chances, some amazing misses tonight. No wonder Houston was delighted with the draw. Still we are improving and so are the results finally. Thought Clarkston was onside, but that linesman didn't know what day it was, he had no idea what was going on. Didn't really see the penalty shouts.

Hope Lee Miller is OK.

We were clearly the better team, but you have to put away those chances, some amazing misses tonight. No wonder Houston was delighted with the draw. Still we are improving and so are the results finally. Thought Clarkston was onside, but that linesman didn't know what day it was, he had no idea what was going on. Didn't really see the penalty shouts.

Hope Lee Miller is OK.

Clearly the better team my arse

Archived