The Fuddies vs Falkirk

We absolutely smashed the league that year, only to be denied by the SPL cartel, with Motherwell centre stage.

You might have read about it...?

What did the SPL do?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped following The Midden's results when it became clear that, despite their sizeable budget, they wouldn't be in the same stratosphere as us this season in terms of finishing position. Three home wins on the bounce sounds impressive so I looked it up.

Queen of the Shite

Lolloa

Dungbarton

Quaking in my boots :lol:

Considering our last Home win was last May three consecutive home wins against any opposition is a huge improvement. As I said we are far harder to beat these days (so far :) ) but we do not score many. Should have nicked a point at the New Club on Saturday instead of going down to a goal 4 mins from time.

If we go 1-0 up we hold it and do not even bother to look for a second goal. But we keep moving forward, maybe ineffectively, if we are behind by brining on Thommo as our battering ram.

You may not be quaking but I do not think the game will be as easy as you think it will as No-tactic Murray has moved on.

What did the SPL do?

They had a vote on allowing us to groundshare with Airdrie, a compliant stadium.

Motherwell, who finished bottom, were allowed to vote on their own future! The vote went 5-7 against us, although I cannot remember who voted which way exactly. I think Hearts, Hibs and Dunfermline, maybe Celtic, were for.

The next season they accepted ICT sharing with Aberdeen. An absolute shower, the SPL.

They had a vote on allowing us to groundshare with Airdrie, a compliant stadium.

Motherwell, who finished bottom, were allowed to vote on their own future! The vote went 5-7 against us, although I cannot remember who voted which way exactly. I think Hearts, Hibs and Dunfermline, maybe Celtic, were for.

The next season they accepted ICT sharing with Aberdeen. An absolute shower, the SPL.

The Airdrie part seems to be forgotten on P&B.

They seem to think we wanted to play at Brockville which was getting flattened by that point.

We had a colourful last decade at Brockville.

In 98 we were given £250K to not play a playoff after we finished 2nd.

In 2000 we had a false final game at the ground.

In 2003 we had a vote to decide on whether we could play at Airdrie for a year.

I do wonder why Motherwell were so popular given the piss poor away support they carry.

Did they not say they would go bust if they went down?

It's been 13 years my memory of it all is fading.

Motherwell and Hibs were saved by hasty reconstructions in the 80's too by the SFL.

Let us not forget the interesting refereeing decisions we used to get at Fir Park regularly.

We were talking about the 2010 relegation at the game on Saturday there. How all the coverage was of poor, poor Kilmarnock, they'll be in serious financial bother if they go down, let's hope they stay up etc.

Falkirk? They're in good financial health (or so we thought!!) so hell mend them.

Of course, we and we alone were the masters of our own downfall that year. I was working my way through that season on bettermeddle recently, and it's a depressing parade of dreadful decisions and missed chances to save ourselves the whole way through.

That 4-4 was a brilliant game, though it did feel like a defeat at the time. Lee Miller did get a HT and I think Moutinho got our other one.

Yeah was speaking to Miller in the pub after he scored a hattrick in the cup game against fraserburgh this season and that was the first one he'd scored since that St Mirren game back then. At least this time he got to keep the match ball.

I seem to recall Wells chairman at the time (somebody Boyle?) was an SFA man, struck me as an old boys thing at the time.

Dundee united were also allowed to vote, despite their vested interest in us staying down allowing them to thoroughly ransack our squad and coaching staff.

f**k em all

Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs & Dunfermline voted yes.

Dundee, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle, Livingston & Aberdeen voted no.

The latter 7 can all go and f**k themselves, permanently.

And the other 5 are Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Dunfermline. So they can get to f**k as well.

It wouldn't be a Saints/Falkirk thread without a stadium upgrade debate.

Of course, we were fucked over by the SPL in a different way: we complied with the stadium rules, at great expense and in such a way as to totally f**k our player budget for the 2000-1 season. We promptly went down again as Dundee United bought their way out of trouble, and then the rules were relaxed. As if Love Street didn't have enough seats for the vast majority of SPL games we hosted that season without converting the Love Street end.

Fuckers.

If the first bit is about the 1-0 game I'm sure Totten was your manager. Would have been on Football First which, as shull says, was presented by Derek Johnston. While we may have been destined for the title at the time of that game, we were something like 20-1 at the start of the season and second favourites to go down.

I know who our manager was, I was enquiring who the St Mirren manager was ?

I'm sure the match was discussed by Gerry mcnee and McQueen....

Drink,age may tell me I'm wrong tho

Tom Hendrie...... John Coughlan was my favourite tho....

I know who our manager was, I was enquiring who the St Mirren manager was ?

I'm sure the match was discussed by Gerry mcnee and McQueen....

Drink,age may tell me I'm wrong tho

Tom Hendrie...... John Coughlan was my favourite tho....

Apologies, wasn't sure who you were talking about! Hendrie was manager from late December 98 to August 2002, during which time he provided us with the best season I've ever seen and will probably ever see before he lost the plot. Then we had 15 months or so of Coughlin's pish.

Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs & Dunfermline voted yes.

Dundee, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle, Livingston & Aberdeen voted no.

The latter 7 can all go and f**k themselves, permanently.

Dunfermline Athletic have always held the moral high ground in Scottish football so it's no surprise we tried to be good guys here.

I stopped following The Midden's results when it became clear that, despite their sizeable budget, they wouldn't be in the same stratosphere as us this season in terms of finishing position. Three home wins on the bounce sounds impressive so I looked it up.

Queen of the Shite

Lolloa

Dungbarton

Quaking in my boots :lol:

I'm sure Murray said at the start of the season that our budget size was on par with Raith's and Queen of the South's. That's hardly sizeable(although I'm not denying we've been under performing based on our budget. I'd imagine Falkirk's is a decent amount bigger)

Archived