Scores. Sat 27th Feb

on the road

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newmains 1 Gartcairn 5

A game of two halfs for sure. An evenly contested first half where Newmains just shaded it and took the lead early doors when the striker slotted into the roof of the net from a tight angle.

Gartcairn huffed and puffed for the first forty five but didn't have much of a cutting edge, missing a penalty which was saved by the keeper. Nothing really between both sides.

Second half was a totally different game altogether, Cairn were much improved and the passes started to get to their targets.

Lots of decent passages of play and plenty attacking, they were awarded a penalty which was slotted away by #9.

They then ran riot scoring another four without reply. A combination of good play, pressing, nice touches, clinical finishing along with some really poor defending and Newmains can't complain, who also had #8 red carded.

Well deserved win on second half showing.

I don't know what to make of the sideshow. Never witnessed that before at junior football. Good or bad? Time will tell.

Good three points

Who put the sideshow on and what did it consist of?

Newmains 1 Gartcairn 5

A game of two halfs for sure. An evenly contested first half where Newmains just shaded it and took the lead early doors when the striker slotted into the roof of the net from a tight angle.

Gartcairn huffed and puffed for the first forty five but didn't have much of a cutting edge, missing a penalty which was saved by the keeper. Nothing really between both sides.

Second half was a totally different game altogether, Cairn were much improved and the passes started to get to their targets.

Lots of decent passages of play and plenty attacking, they were awarded a penalty which was slotted away by #9.

They then ran riot scoring another four without reply. A combination of good play, pressing, nice touches, clinical finishing along with some really poor defending and Newmains can't complain, who also had #8 red carded.

I don't know what to make of the sideshow. Never witnessed that before at junior football. Good or bad? Time will tell.

Good three points

what side show?

Pollok 3-1 Medda

Medda finished the game with 9 players. Gary McCann, & Ryan Deas being first to the Shower Gel.

Gary for wanting a square go with Chris Walker, & Ryan for a high challenge to a Pollok lad.

Pollok took an early lead through MOM Allan Mackenzie when he shot home from 6yds, after being set up by a Medda defender.

Paul Maxwell got Medda level when he scored from a similar distance, after Jordan Longmuir fumbled the ball on the penalty spot, surrounded by 2 of his own defenders.

David Winters put Pollok in front after a clever free kick from Carlo Monti should have been cleared by the Medda rearguard was crossed to the far post by Kevin Bradley for David to slot home from close range.

Paul Galacher made scored a late goal o put Pollok 3-1 ahead.

Medda will need to keep battling away, hope the stay up. Their no 10, S McCann impressed me very much.

Pollok, in with a chance of winning major honours, need to stop going away cheap goals though. Big Maxi got one chalked off in the 1st half which looked a good goal.

What side show?

Newmains 1 Gartcairn 5

Good three points????

Looks like that's us then :(

Stuart I hate to say this but I also think we are doomed,lose far too many stupid goals and the confidence is at an all time low,discipline is also poor,thought the fight was their today at times but I fear the worst mate.

Never a wave at Lithgae - full arm salute more like, put Kelbies at Broxburn down a notch or 2, but he should have already been off the park.

And it looked like a finger across the top lip, i.e. a Hitler salute, but I might have got that wrong as I can't see what that would have been about. His manager would have been chuffed though as I think he might have been getting subbed before he got himself sent off. How ironic would that be?

Was at Shettleston - Peasy game today, on watching that is say Petershill are certainty for relegation. Have watched them a few times this season, seem to struggle when they come up against a team who battle hard, they have little to no fight in their team.

Was at Shettleston - Peasy game today, on watching that is say Petershill are certainty for relegation. Have watched them a few times this season, seem to struggle when they come up against a team who battle hard, they have little to no fight in their team.

Totally agree about the battling, Petershill had started quite well and Halliwell had a good save, but two of the goals came from a straight ball right up the middle, the first coming from the number 6 standing unmarked at the edge of the box for an age. A lot of hard work needed from now until the end of the season.

Thought Troon were excellent the day. We never looked up for it at all. Hopefully just a bad day at the office

Agreed bud . We will look at the game saying we were terrible today but Troon were dominant all over the park. Only Davy Anderson & Mcaleer when he came on got pass marks

Archived