DUNIPACE JUNIORS

MrAnoymous

Remember you bringing all that bevvy into the changing room when we got promoted? I burst a can of tennents open and ruined all that plasterwork of yours.... had to lick the walls to get a buzz ....

Baz,one the best days of my life!!!!.Five games to go! Four games to go....no room for error!!!!.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Gaz and Pricey posts earlier. I've got huge respect for both you guys, very passionate people and again gave everything for the club in different ways. I for one would like everyone to draw a line under the past and see you both as part of dunipaces future.

As much as I appreciate the sentiment Baz (hope you're doing well btw) my future (currently) lies away from Westfield. Enjoy what I'm doing and working with the four of us. Also kinda spoilt now by the new surroundings. :-)

I got involved in this discussion as I thought I was being accused of being whatever alias with an axe to grind, which of course I'm not (and anyone who has ever read anything from me in the past would know that, their posts are waaaay too short for me). Only one account here, which any mod could confirm.

Also, though, to show some support for the current committee under what I would deem opportunistic and unfair criticism. Managers succeed and fail at all levels, the guys who appoint them don't have crystal balls, particularly when appointing someone with the limited resources Dunipace have; Nothing is assured.

I'm obviously more than a little out of touch as I've been away 8 months, but I know the guys well enough I think to know they are doing all they can to drive things in the right direction. Sounds like help is required though, which hopefully is forthcoming.

Gaz you and Graeme done a great job with the unders and I know the two of you are doing a marvelous job at cumbernauld so well done. I know you both will will always have dunipace at heart

The club has an excellent committee in place like you say, and the management and players are working hard to change it. What I will say is that there are a number of former players still playing, some not but still passionate willing to help if necessary. It's a difficult thing, change. You've seen it several times, stick or twist. Try to bring in some of the past or start from scratch and see if it becomes more fruitful.

I think you need a mix of both. Chap the doors of some of the guys who were there for many years and merge with the new talent currently there. Then rebuild that u19s team that you and Graeme made a huge success for the club.

Right I'm done apologies forum

Aye Pricey it was emotional. Thanks for that! Tam caught me walking out on the park (for the third time in my dunipace career) just looking at Westfield Park when noone was around and being so grateful for being part of it all and playing with such great talent. Tear to a glass eye. These times will be back again soon I'm sure and new stories will be told to make the club proud.

• 1 month later...

Dunipace 2 Maryhill 2

A veritable who's who in the new look Dunipace side yesterday, "who is that at number 5?" "who is that at number 9?" as the 99% changed squad took on promotion chasing Maryhill at a Westfield stadium that was bathed in sunshine, an ice cold wind and a 5 minute hailstone shower!! (and some edjits want summer football).

Early action was pretty even with Pace matching the visitors and the home side went into the lead when a lob over the top of the defence fell at the feet of the big Number 9 (who was at least 3 yards offside) and he rounded the keeper, looked like he was about to fall on his face but managed to stay on his feet to knock the ball into the net.

Maryhill came into the game and started to exert pressure on the Pace backline, there was a goalmouth scramble that saw about 4 different players (and the keepers delicates) clear the ball from the line and they also looked to be denied a stonewaller of a penalty. However there was to be no further scoring and as the sides trotted off for their half time Dolmio the home fans were by far the happier.

Second half and Pace doubled their lead with a rocket into a top corner from about 25 yards, which was nice.

With their promotion hopes fading quickly they started to invoke the dark arts and players started tumbling all over the place. However, a cross into the box was pinpoint enough to see 4 'Hill players unmarked but the free header was sent wide, then they crashed one off the bar.

Finally they got one back when a cross from the right was headed home.

The leveller saw the Maryhill forward take a blatant Tom Daley and the underpar whistler decided to give it - he was out of his depth and being conned all over the place. Penalty dispatched, game level, everyone goes home with a point.

Signs of encouragement for the Pace but still the old failing from earlier in the season of not being able to perform for 90 minutes and allowing teams back into games in the second half.

• 1 month later...

I was saddened to learn this morning of the passing of former Dunipace stalwart Dougie Dawson.Dougie started his playing days a the well known Juvenile side Dunipace Thistle,where he played and scored the winner against Bothkenner at Easter Road,in the 1963 Scottish cup final.Spells at Cambuslang,Brechin and Steelend followed before Dougie finally signed for the Pace.During his years at Carronbank he forged a prolific partnership with good friend Danny Smith,and even today,more than forty years later,in the pubs of Denny they still talk of "Big Doogie an' Danny"!.The pair were instrumental in a Pace side that gave its supporters many a memorable day down at Carronbank,taking some big scalps in the Scottish.In recent years Dougie was a regular at Westfield and was always easily recognisable with two dogs.Dougie was 74,another sad day for football in Denny.

Think its the 25th June in Perth,clubs only i suspect.

If its the SJFA AGM you're talking about, it is usually tjhe third Saturday in June, wqhich would make it the 18th.

Terrible venue by the way, not even a cup of tea laid on, miles from the city centre.

Other than the fact that clubs get a couple of match balls, and a fifty pound fine if they don't have a delegate in attendance, it's a total waste of time.

• 4 weeks later...

Heard that Paul Donnelly has returned to the Pace.Hopefully he can recapture his form before he picked up a nasty injury a few years back.Also one of the funniest guys I've met in football!.

Who is playing in dunipace tourney this year?

Not heard anything.Im sure this year will be the tenth year the club have organised it,so hopefully they will push the boat out to make it a wee bit special.I was involved in the the running of the first six or seven tournaments and it's always a good weekend.Some very good teams have participated over the years,Petershill,Camelon,Cumnock,Carnoustie Sauchie,Fauldhouse To name but a few ,and more importantly,always a very good earner for the club.

• 1 month later...

Signings?
Departures?
Squad?.
Season ticket prices?
Date of AGM?.
Anything of interest if AGM took place?
Office bearers and comittee for forth coming season?
Update on funding for ground redevelopment?
Sponsorship opportunities for forthcoming season?

Archived