Peterhead vs Brechin City

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bookings yesterday were an absolute joke - on both sides. The last one for Brechin only coming about because the toon supporters reminded the ref that he had booked Redman for the exact same thing.

Anyway, we are going to start suffering shortly. Luckily there is no way we are missing out on the playoffs this year and none of the other teams worry me. On that basis I would take finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th with no real preference.

Get you re playoffs, but think it would be better to finish 2nd, if possible. Ayr in the semi, with home advantage in the 2nd leg. Reckon we could beat any of the playoff contenders in our league, not so sure about Livi/Dumbarton/Other.

Get you re playoffs, but think it would be better to finish 2nd, if possible. Ayr in the semi, with home advantage in the 2nd leg. Reckon we could beat any of the playoff contenders in our league, not so sure about Livi/Dumbarton/Other.

I think I would rather play Livingston than Peterhead, they've only won five times this season.

Livingston beat us 3-0 in the Scottish Cup at Balmoor and to be honest we never troubled them. The gap between the Championship and Divsion 1 might be bigger than you think with the teams being full time?

Didn't realise that! I was thinking when we finished second bottom a few years ago we managed nine victories and were hammered by fourth placed Airdrie.

Quite possibly underestimating the difference though, don't know a great deal about the Livingston players other than the strikers but would certainly of said Peterhead were better in that department.

Didn't realise that! I was thinking when we finished second bottom a few years ago we managed nine victories and were hammered by fourth placed Airdrie.

Quite possibly underestimating the difference though, don't know a great deal about the Livingston players other than the strikers but would certainly of said Peterhead were better in that department.

Scoring hasn't been our problem. Not having a defence all season is what could ultimately bite us in the arse!

Livingston beat us 3-0 in the Scottish Cup at Balmoor and to be honest we never troubled them. The gap between the Championship and Divsion 1 might be bigger than you think with the teams being full time?

It was 3-1 for Livi but you are correct they were streets ahead of us.

Bookings yesterday were an absolute joke - on both sides. The last one for Brechin only coming about because the toon supporters reminded the ref that he had booked Redman for the exact same thing.

I thought Mcallister's was a dive tbf, but you are right the ref was poor yesterday. He gave Jordan Brown a talking to and pointed to another part of the pitch, presumably to an earlier 'foul', when he had only just come off the bench!

In regards to Livi I think both us and them will be different to when we played them in the cup. When we played them we were only just starting to pick up form and had only won about 6 games up to that point, and they have only won 2 league games since they beat us.

I think either Ayr or Peterhead will play pretty defensively if they are away from home in the first leg. Would far rather we finished second to play out that scenario.

Exactly the point I was trying to make in an earlier post. Home advantage 2nd leg, even with away goals not counting double.

Your defence pretty much coped comfortably with anything we had to offer yesterday.

As for Tiger, What has he done to deserve his time on the sidelines ?

was thinking that myself also notice Craig Johnstone wasn't even in the team yesterday any idea why? even if Dods dosent like him that shouldn't stop him giving him a game surely he has to put his best players on the park specialy with the position we are in

In all honesty, you guys didn't offer a lot in an attacking sense yesterday. Tiger?

Correct. First shot at goal was when we scored .

Tiger Molloy. Club captain. Been an unused sub for the last god knows how long ! Fair play to him again though.for warming up on his own in the vain hope that he will be called upon.

Correct. First shot at goal was when we scored .

Tiger Molloy. Club captain. Been an unused sub for the last god knows how long ! Fair play to him again though.for warming up on his own in the vain hope that he will be called upon.

Ah, take it he was the lad who was warning up beside your keeper right up until the end. What's the deal there then, not rated by Dods, not fully fit? Either way seems a bit o a slight.

The Aberdeen to Peterhead 'Buchan Link' looks the most glamorous bus in the world of public transport (no, seriously). It has a bog, although if you're not on it just now then you won't be seeing the first half without hitch hiking I think!

Cheers for the info! The toilet has made this a possibility then if it arises - or there would be three or four burst bladders!

Another good win as well, good luck for the rest of the season.

Archived