Frightened Rabbit

Miguel Sanchez

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 26/02/2021 at 03:27, BillyAnchor said:

Anyone here make it to this one? I finally watched it.

If I could re-live any night of my life, it would be this one. I'll miss him forever.

Edited by Meathead

If I could re-live any night of my life, it would be this one. I'll miss him forever.

Same. Absolutely incredible and now a very cherished memory.

Eta, I have a recording of My Backwards Walk from that night and listening to it back there's a lot of people talking through the song, does this annoy other people as much as it annoys me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Only just discovered this thread.

I am a massive FRabbit fan.
Was lucky enough to see them live 9 times, including the TMOF 10 gigs in Edinburgh and Glasgow in 2018.
Also saw Scott do three solo shows- his Owl John show at the caves in Edinburgh and his headline performance at Stowed out Festival (2016? It was basically a village fete) were probably the two best gigs of my life.

I have never before and never will again mourn a celebrity. But on the morning it was announced he had been found I couldn’t stay in the house. I went for a run- put the midnight organ fight on full blast and cried and sang as I ran. I cried more for Scott than I did when my own dad passed away. Truly strange but he had that effect on lots of people it seemed.

I met him a few times- at the Stowed Out festival I mentioned, me and my mate were standing to the side of the tent chatting to an older couple throughout the support acts.
Just before Scott came on, this girl (who we recognised as his girlfriend from Instagram stalking) came out from backstage and stood next to the older couple.
Turns out they were his parents.
We chatted all through his set- what struck me was how often his dad said that he didn’t know or believe how good he was.
After the gig his mum Marion grabbed me and my mate and said “come on, I’ll introduce you to Scott”.
His girlfriend took some pics of us together.
He did another solo show in kirkcaldy the following December, his mum spotted us and remembered us and took us to speak to scott again.
I only wish I’d played it more cool rather than stuttering some fanboy pish.

I’m gutted we’ll never get to see another live gig, but at least now he doesn’t have to suffer.

Here’s a video I keep watching- musically it’s not their finest hour but it’s peak Scott banter and that’s what FRabbit live were about.

http://

Enjoy, I’m off to watch all the videos already posted on this thread!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...