Frightened Rabbit

Miguel Sanchez

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was written in the days following Scott's death by one of his friends. It's a very personal and moving tribute from someone who clearly knew him well and held him dearly. I like to re-read it occasionally and I'm posting it here as much for my own reference as anyone else's benefit, but I think it's worth 15 minutes of your time:

https://whiskyshelf.wordpress.com/2018/05/14/the-smokie-and-the-souter/

Incidentally, that post mentions Scott's introduction to Dave Hause. Dave's version of The Woodpile at the Barrowlands in 2018 is my favourite cover of Scott's music, and his continued inclusion of a snippet of it in live versions of the suicidal ideation-themed Bearing Down is very poignant:

Edited by Meathead

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2019 at 00:24, gannonball said:

Hello to all on this thread. Must admit I had not listened to frightened rabbit much till Scotts passing and despite not being one for morbidity I can’t  help but listen to them now and obsessing over some of the lyrics in light of the guys plight. Cant help but include them on a daily walk with the dog now. I had vastly underestimated the guys talent as well as the band.

Very much as above. I’m gutted that it took me so long to discover FR, would’ve  really loved to witness them live. Some of the live videos properly gives me goosebumps, and I listen probably on a daily basis now. Phenomenal talent and hope he found peace. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 24/08/2020 at 22:26, Acon said:

Very much as above. I’m gutted that it took me so long to discover FR, would’ve  really loved to witness them live. Some of the live videos properly gives me goosebumps, and I listen probably on a daily basis now. Phenomenal talent and hope he found peace. 

Seen them a good few times. One time I went to see Frabbit in a pub in Paisley about 3 years ago (The Bungalow, I think). We were about 10 feet from the band who played on a slightly raised stage. 

I found this, it was nearly 4 years ago
https://www.musicscramble.co.uk/2017/01/31/frightened-rabbit-bungalow-paisley-29-january-live-review/

Edited by Busta Nut

You can just about see me bang in the middle of this in the grey checked shirt. During the Loneliness and the scream right at the end of their December 2010 Barrowlands show.

Remember the 'wuh oh oh ohhhhh' bit continuing on down the stairs and out the doors until the minus 5 air smacked us in the face and shut us up. FB_IMG_1608724226352.jpeg

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Seen them a good few times. One time I went to see Frabbit in a pub in Paisley about 3 years ago (The Bungalow, I think). We were about 10 feet from the band who played on a slightly raised stage. 

I found this, it was nearly 4 years ago
https://www.musicscramble.co.uk/2017/01/31/frightened-rabbit-bungalow-paisley-29-january-live-review/

25 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I am Santa and I make wishes come true. Happy Christmas.

71HMSxx7hlL._AC_SL1200_.jpeg

You're some boy, I've no idea how I've managed to miss that. Getting ordered as soon as I can find a new needle for the record player. Thank you 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan
To add a vote of thanks