Frightened Rabbit

Miguel Sanchez

I think this Hogmanay cover song and Mastersystem Bird is Bored of Flying are the two songs I keep going back to. But I deliberately avoid the main catelogue.

I think the only thing I can compare it to is Iain Banks. In that I've read all his stuff bar a couple of books - which titles I'll keep to myself - so that I've always got another Iain Banks to look forward to.

I've heard and loved all the FR albums but I just can't come back to them yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Overall I really enjoyed the night, but it felt odd to be at a gig held ostensibly in commemoration of Scott, marketed using posters emblazoned with his face, containing speeches about him by his closest family members, and yet featuring none of his music.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/01/2020 at 00:14, Meathead said:

Overall I really enjoyed the night, but it felt odd to be at a gig held ostensibly in commemoration of Scott, marketed using posters emblazoned with his face, containing speeches about him by his closest family members, and yet featuring none of his music.

It was a great night, but also felt that his music was the one thing missing. Perhaps it’s just still too raw for the family and bands who were his friends to listen to or play his songs, although  Kathryn Joseph has played Poke on a number of other occasions. The strength of Scott’s family though, incredible. 

• 2 months later...

Currently watching the Glasto set from 2016. I still love the music but it’s a bit hard to watch. During Keep Yourself Warm it actually feels like you you can see he’s in pain having to sing it, although that’s maybe just overthinking it.

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Currently watching the Glasto set from 2016. I still love the music but it’s a bit hard to watch. During Keep Yourself Warm it actually feels like you you can see he’s in pain having to sing it, although that’s maybe just overthinking it.

If you watch him doing Head rolls off in the classroom video his face has the same contortions that you saw often from Ian Curtis.