Frightened Rabbit

Miguel Sanchez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently rediscovered this interview in my favourites: https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/features/longread/it-takes-an-ocean-not-to-break-frightened-rabbit-interview

Suddenly it’s late and the dank backroom had become almost unbearably cold. In the conversation’s closing moments we end up discussing how Hutchison believes Frightened Rabbit’s music could come into a person’s life at a pivotal point. It’s something he’s brought up in interviews before. On a personal level it’s something I can believe too.

“I don't think it's the case that they gravitate towards us. I think it's just a bit of luck. It’s not just our music but any music relies on a sort of serendipitous meeting on a memorable point in one’s life and the right soundtrack. If either of those things are out of sync it doesn’t work, it’s not going to happen. I’ve heard a lot of people say that it [this album and previous Frightened Rabbit music] has come to them at a very messy point in their lives, some point that they needed to make sense of. Those were the conditions it [Painting of a Panic Attack] was written under, so it does make sense that that happened.”

A place to revel in those highs and lows, the occasional greys in between, and make sense of the mess: It feels like Painting of a Panic Attack is the album Hutchison, and Frightened Rabbit, needed more than anyone.

• 3 months later...
On 15/01/2019 at 15:06, Honest_Man#1 said:

Hearing that they were filming a documentary and continued doing so after Scott’s death, including some of the live charity concerts. Might be a tough watch but hopefully will be out by the end of the year.

The Midnight Organ Fight 10th anniversary gigs were filmed. Can't wait for you all to see my stupid face at the Glasgow one. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I quite like both covers of Modern Leper that are on Tiny Changes.

Much prefer the Julien Baker one. The Biffy version sounds like they've tried to put about four of their own recent 'styles' into it and not managed any of them. Not sure I'm looking forward to The Twilight Sad's version of Floating in the Forth.

13 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Much prefer the Julien Baker one. The Biffy version sounds like they've tried to put about four of their own recent 'styles' into it and not managed any of them. Not sure I'm looking forward to The Twilight Sad's version of Floating in the Forth.

Really liking Julien Baker's cover. Biffy's is okay, but agree with the above that they've tried to incorporate too many of their styles and it's ended up being a bit of a clusterfuck.

Also dreading the Twilight Sad cover and mentally preparing myself for it already. It was recorded before Scott died, so hopefully that makes it a bit of an easier listen...

I don't know why I never seen this thread over the last however many years as I got right into Frabbit in 2012 due to some pals.

Reading this thread made my eyes water. It's a great read in a terribly awful way if that makes sense.

I have already preorderd the Tiny Changes album.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 23:20, BillyAnchor said:

There is a great facebook closed group called Frightened Rabbit Recognition that you might enjoy should you join.

Personally I thought it was 90% attention seeking ghouls or folk threatening to kill themselves. There was 10% very good content, usually an old video you'd missed or something.

Edited by Busta Nut

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't know why I never seen this thread over the last however many years as I got right into Frabbit in 2012 due to some pals.

Reading this thread made my eyes water. It's a great read in a terribly awful way if that makes sense.

I have already preorderd the Tiny Changes album.

Personally I thought it was 90% attention seeking ghouls or folk threatening to kill themselves. There was 10% very good content, usually an old video you'd missed or something.

I made the thread three years ago when Painting of a Panic Attack was coming out. I changed the title last year since it didn't seem right to have the thread devoted to one album. The thread you made about Scott got more attention at the time, obviously. 

That Julien Baker cover of Modern Leper is fantastic. Real goosebumps listening to that. It's such a great song and she's absolutely nailed it.
Only just heard it. It really is fantastic, what a wonderful tribute to one of Scott's best songs.