Frightened Rabbit

Miguel Sanchez

• 1 month later...

It's out tomorrow. I don't like listening to songs from albums before listening to the full album for the first time, so I haven't heard anything but Death Dream from posting it along with this thread. I'll be spending tomorrow following them about the town (they're playing in Monorail Music at 1PM and HMV at 6) before coming home to put it on. I'm quite excited.

After a few days of listening to it i really love the album, I was lucky enough to see them play a wee acoustic set then meet them all in Edinburgh yesterday, nice bunch of lads. They deserve to be much much bigger over here though

Going to see them in Dunfermline on Wed night, on the basis of what I've heard so far I'm looking forward to hearing An Otherwise Disappointing Life, I Wish I Was Sober, Woke Up Hurting and Blood Under The Bridge, as well as Poke etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As with all Frightened Rabbit albums (for me, anyway) it took maybe half a dozen listens before I truly started to appreciate its brilliance. 'Woke Up Hurting' the initial standout for me. 

Wasn't convinced by the middle section of songs at first but it's definitely a grower. Outstanding album. Maybe even surpassing Midnight Organ Fight

Steady on!

I think one of the only criticisms I'd have of this album - especially when compared with MOF - is its lack of diversity. The songs are mostly very similar production wise. 

Steady on!

I think one of the only criticisms I'd have of this album - especially when compared with MOF - is its lack of diversity. The songs are mostly very similar production wise.

It was only a maybe. On reflection it just falls a little short. Still to get even close to such a classic album is an immense achievement. Best Scottish band around

• 2 months later...

Scott's twitter has either been hacked or he's having a bit of a rough time, saying Frightened Rabbit are no more and coming across as generally being a bit depressed. Quite worrying

Edit - He's just deleted the tweets, normal service resumed hopefully 

Edited by Fratelli

Saw those last night. From what he was writing it definitely didn't feel like a hack, more that he was just in a very dark place.  

Heard an interview recently where he talked about how he had a breakdown at the end of touring Pedestrian Verse. Got to the stage where he just didn't want to continue. Hopefully this isn't the sign that now he's back touring that pressure has returned. Hope he got the help he needed.