Dundee v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, 27/2/16

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have won that game easily, some good chances missed with Hemmings and Stewart.

A strong ref would have booked Tansey(I think it was) in first few minutes, then their horrible, spoiling tactics of kicking anything that moved wouldn't have worked.

The ref was absolutely horrendous, waving play on when their keeper was lying on top of the ball outside his box was a highlight.

Just to add, it's an absolute myth that ICT play football good football....brutal on the eye.

Still top 6 though, so not too bad!

Won't see a more one sided game this season I don't think. After their goal they barely got out their half again all game. What makes it even more frustrating is that our best chances fell to Stewart and Hemmings and more often than not the bury them. Liked the look of Wighton when he came on, looks a better footballer than Loy and links up well with the other front players. Some of our interplay around the box was brilliant.

Didn't understand Caley's tactics at all. Up until they scored they were the better team then they just acted like thugs/time wasted/desperately clung on for dear life from then on in.

I think they'd have had a good chance of taking all 3 points if they continued just playing football as they looked lively to start.

Won't see a more one sided game this season I don't think. After their goal they barely got out their half again all game. What makes it even more frustrating is that our best chances fell to Stewart and Hemmings and more often than not the bury them. Liked the look of Wighton when he came on, looks a better footballer than Loy and links up well with the other front players. Some of our interplay around the box was brilliant.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said but I think you're being harsh on Loy when he's being shunted onto the left. Fair enough he's obviously not going to displace Hemmings with his form but he's out of position and I can't imagine it's helping his confidence

Imagine choosing to live in Dundee. Imagine not seeing your team lift a major trophy in your lifetime. Imagine seeing your team go into administration on multiple occasions. Imagine only having seen your team beat the famous Inverness Caledonian Thistle once in the last 16 (Sixteen) attempts. Imagine seeing your team managed by a man who has a stupidly chubby face.

Luckily, I will never live this nightmare.

Archived