Dumbarton (0) v Hibernian

Sooner this one's over the better. Much bigger games on Tuesday night and the following Saturday. I know Hibs are playing tonight, but I need to try and move on from the Dundee game!

Assuming that everyone is fit, I'd like to see us go:

Ewings

Saunders Wright Buchanan Docherty

Taggart Lindsay Barr Walsh

Kirkpatrick

Nade

Take Nade off after 60 minutes for Fleming, to keep both relatively fresh for the Alloa game, Routledge being out is a massive blow as he's near enough our best player. In saying that Lindsay being back will be a humongous boost. I thought Kirky and Nade did well enough at Dundee, and linked up nicely. I wouldn't be averse to trying Cawley in there either though, he's just a bit lightweight.

Jamie Ewings has to start. He won't. But he has to.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following the damaging revelations that we played last week with no intention of winning against mediocre St.Mirren we can only presume that this will be a damage limitation exercise against a very useful Hibs outfit. A long afternoon awaits for the home support barring something miraculous or flukey.

This will be the last time for a while that the two Ronnies get away with defensive dirge. The Alloa/Livvy matches demand far braver setups.

This is really a nothing game for us. If we lose then it was always the likely result. If we sneak something then it's a bonus. With that in mind, I'd love to see us have a go. We're not expected to take anything from the game so if we lose then at least we've given it a go.

The worry is that we go into the game trying to keep it respectable and get pumped anyway.

Watching your team trying to defend a narrow loss is soul destroying

Unfortunately I think THIS is a game in which we do need to adopt the 'damage limitation' approach, whereas last week definitely wasn't.

Like others, I'd like to see Ewings start, but I'd be very surprised if he does.

Brown certainly didn't cover himself in glory on Saturday, and after three clean sheets, Ewings should be re-instated as far as I'm concerned, but I'm sure we all know that won't happen.

I'd love to be able to say that I think we could get something from the game, but after the showing in paisley on Saturday, I really don't see it happening. I'm hoping we can try and keep the score down at our end, and, I know it's ridiculous, maybe try and have a shot on target. Then it's on to the much more important game on Tuesday against Alloa.

I don't care who plays any more. I just want to see us fight for the ball and have a fucking shot on goal.

This.

The keeper debate is a distraction and mere fiddling while Rome burns. What we need is someone, anyone, to drag us forward and create some chances.

Archived