Blind 'Fingering' Date / Orgasmic Meditation?

ICTChris

The latest craze in London is for a kind of Orgasmic yoga - women go and lie and, er, get a particular spot of their anatomy massaged by experts.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/29968/1/blind-fingering-dates-are-london-s-latest-craze

Sounds like New Age woo covering up a lucrative prostitution racket IMO, but if no-ones getting hurt then what's the problem?

Have any P&Bers ever paid money to lie in a darkened room while having their intimate area massaged by a stranger?

Have any P&Bers ever been paid to offer this service?

Do any P&Bers know where I can sign up to 'massage' a load of yoga loving yummy mummies for £147 a shot?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Tayeb, the course is not about courting controversy, but is instead a bold new step for sexual enlightenment – offering both sexes an increased depth of intimacy, connection and personal power. Sweeping to one side the fact that it’s disappointingly binary and traditional in its gender stance (and the fact it costs £147 for the initial session), it could well become an important tool for women who’ve got an itch they can’t quite scratch. All you really need is the bravado to try it. “We view orgasm as a state of consciousness in which vitality saturates every cell of the body,” she says, with a true Cali spirit. “The mind is sharp, clear and free of compulsive chatter. To claim that birthright is the outcome of the practice.”

I can't help but point out that this is no different from prostitutes offering handjobs to men, and highlights an appalling gender disparity in the pay of the respective roles.

For Tayeb, the course is not about courting controversy, but is instead a bold new step for sexual enlightenment – offering both sexes an increased depth of intimacy, connection and personal power. Sweeping to one side the fact that it’s disappointingly binary and traditional in its gender stance (and the fact it costs £147 for the initial session), it could well become an important tool for women who’ve got an itch they can’t quite scratch. All you really need is the bravado to try it. “We view orgasm as a state of consciousness in which vitality saturates every cell of the body,” she says, with a true Cali spirit. “The mind is sharp, clear and free of compulsive chatter. To claim that birthright is the outcome of the practice.”

I can't help but point out that this is no different from prostitutes offering handjobs to men, and highlights an appalling gender disparity in the pay of the respective roles.

The article has a price of £147 for a session, 15 minutes a go. Say you did two of these sessions an hour (time for hygiene requirements, getting people in and out, warm up and down) and you work an 8 hour day you would earn £2352 a day, with an annual salary just shy of £500,000.

I'd be prepared to consider a career change. Hell, I'll even do unpaid overtime.

The article has a price of £147 for a session, 15 minutes a go. Say you did two of these sessions an hour (time for hygiene requirements, getting people in and out, warm up and down) and you work an 8 hour day you would earn £2352 a day, with an annual salary just shy of £500,000.

I'd be prepared to consider a career change. Hell, I'll even do unpaid overtime.

You would need arms like this.

Steam_locomotive_work.gif

I once saw an advert for a job which entailed trimming the pubes of models before photo shoots.

They told me I'd have to go to Newcastle so I said I'd have to think about whether I really wanted to relocate there.

They said 'no, the job's in Edinburgh but Newcastle is where the queue starts'.

I actually read all that.

Corporate bullshit and academic jargon. To get a handjob for 147 gbp 15 mins and receive a membership.

People are actually buying into this. Fair play to them, as there is some complete mugs out there.

“(We’re shifting) sex out of the dark, under the covers, from the shameful and often consumptive places where it used to be, and into the light,” explains practitioner Rachel Tayeb. “We take the most powerful impulse, the orgasm impulse, and approach it in an entirely new way. OM offers a practice through which we can harness this impulse that is a deliberate, repeatable method for accessing the orgasm state.”

Aye, you get wanked off by someone for a few shillings.

“There’s an important distinction that’s worth making here,” she stresses. “We differentiate between climax and the orgasm state. The climax is a few seconds of physical experience, whereas the state of orgasm is continuous – more akin to an optimal state of consciousness brought about by the activation of the sex impulse. It’s that feeling of being so completely absorbed in an experience that there is no psychic chatter, no being ‘stuck in your head’, a falling away of the ego. When this happens, our sense of limitations falls away as well. In the orgasm state, we feel totally present and connected, as if a deeper intuitive sense has awakened.”

Aye, that you shooting yer load.

Archived