Worst foreign player to have played in the Scottish Top Flight

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reuben Gabriel was a funny one eh, Nigerian international but there was something wrong with his contract?

I'm pretty sure that as soon as we released him, Spurs tried to offer him a trial and almost gave him a contract when other clubs became interested in him. :lol:

For me jared hodgkiss and josh walker at the Dons also Peter kjaer had a howler on his debut from a Fulton free kick but did slightly improve afterwards

Are you insane? Peter Kjaer was the best goalie we've had since Snelders, on a par with Ward and went to the 2002 WC with Denmark!! Terrific player!

Hodgkiss wasn't anything special but also doesn't stand out as dreadful. And Walker scored a screamer against Bayern München and generally impressed in his spell. Hasn't gone on to anything, but you wouldn't have thought that at the time.

Of all the players to pick!!

For me jared hodgkiss and josh walker at the Dons also Peter kjaer had a howler on his debut from a Fulton free kick but did slightly improve afterwards

Neither Jared Hodgkiss or Josh Walker were foreign. Shite they may well have been (I'd never heard of either), but not foreign.

Worst foreign player to play in either Scottish or English top league? Ali Dia, the clown who Souness brought to Southampton on the basis of being George Weah's cousin. Came on as a sub when Le Tissier got injured and had to be subbed off again, he was so shite.

b30a60e9a426249d6f591f5b7679c242_origina

One of the worst performances I have ever seen came from a player called Jen-Jacques Misse Misse in a Dundee derby at Tannadice.

I'm young, so my memory is hazy and I can't think of seeing him again so he may have been ok overall but I think he must have been offside more times in the first half than most strikers are in a season. That coupled with his general ineptitude throughout the game made him stand out.

DAB's - was he as bad as I remember?

Did he not snap his knee ligaments on his debut?

He was a pretty decent player when they signed him, as I recall, but lost all his pace and movement after two years of injuries.

Very harsh to put him on here.

Uros Celcer wins the Ross County poll, but he only played a handful of games. I think the more pertinent question would be the worst players to play regularly in the top flight. I nominate Dyron Daal.

I'm sure he scored in his first match against St Johnstone at Ibrox hobbled off about two minutes later and that was that basically.

Rafael Scheidt is surely the winner .

Special mentions for Kitamarike , Kelvin Jack , Du Wei and Rodney Sheidjer for their pathetic contributions.

Would have suggested Daniel Prodan , but just googled him and saw he never even made a single appearance.

Eric Joly

Came on against Dunfermline I think in the second half. I think we were 1 up but we were getting a pounding. He just gave away the ball countless times. Absolute diddy.

Dindeleux's brother in law I believe as well.

Are you insane? Peter Kjaer was the best goalie we've had since Snelders, on a par with Ward and went to the 2002 WC with Denmark!! Terrific player!

Hodgkiss wasn't anything special but also doesn't stand out as dreadful. And Walker scored a screamer against Bayern München and generally impressed in his spell. Hasn't gone on to anything, but you wouldn't have thought that at the time.

Of all the players to pick!!

As others were including non scots I thought I would follow suit kjaer improved after the first game but it was a shocker think he blamed it on being colour blind or something? Walker was not great if you take away that goal also remember him being crap in the away leg, only langfield was worse

Rafael Scheidt is surely the winner .

Special mentions for Kitamarike , Kelvin Jack , Du Wei and Rodney Sheidjer for their pathetic contributions.

Would have suggested Daniel Prodan , but just googled him and saw he never even made a single appearance.

Only if your knowledge of Scottish football is based on Celtic and Deadco.

Archived